17

Roman closed the side door to the house as softly as he could, briefly frowning his face up at how loud the lock was

Roman closed the side door to the house as softly as he could, briefly frowning his face up at how loud the lock was. It seemed like everything became ten times louder than normal when you were purposely trying to be quiet.

It was nearing seven in the morning on Christmas Day, and he just knew that as soon as Kaiya heard movement in the house she'd wake up to open her gifts although the sun had barely come out. He wanted her to remain sleep for just a little bit longer.

He walked upstairs towards his bedroom, ready to take off the scrubs that he wore. He'd just made it home from a four hour shift at the hospital; shorter than usual because he wasn't even scheduled to work today but had to cover another nurse that showed up late.

"Mulan, you sleep?" He stood over Angel, watching as she turned her head over to look at him.

"What's this?" She mumbled, bag being placed in her lap at the same time that he kissed her forehead.

"A pregnancy test. Go take it." He leaned back upright, chuckling at the way she immediately rolled her eyes at him.

Angel was currently going through a small cold that she'd caught from being around her mom a few days ago-who literally happened to have the same cold-and yet Roman still assumed that it was early pregnancy symptoms.

He was so delusional.

Just to prove him wrong, Angel carried the three boxes of pregnancy tests with her to the bathroom, attempting to close the door behind her but of course Roman wasn't going for that.

"Stop kissing me Roman. You're going to get sick." She mumbled, pushing his face away from hers while sitting down on the toilet.

"I don't give no fucks. You mad?" He chuckled at the frown on her face, and she didn't respond to him.

Shaking his head, he leaned over to open the glass door to his steam shower, turning the knob to the left to run some hot water. Then, he began to undress himself while watching Angel pee on the sticks.

When she was done, she wrapped them in tissue and sat them back in the boxes that she'd taken them out of. After handling her business, she washed her hands at the sink, and Roman took the opportunity to wrap his arms around her waist.

"Take a shower with me so you can clear up yo' sinuses and I'll give you that last dose of medicine when we get out, aight?" He grabbed the waistband of her panties, and she nodded, letting him pull them off.

He carried her into the shower with him once they were both naked, and as she'd expected, he didn't put her down even when they were inside. She laid her head down on his shoulder, letting her arms hang freely around his neck.

"Why do you want a baby with me?" She asked after a few moments of silence.

"I don't. I mean, I do, but I'm not rushing you or anything. I wouldn't mind seeing you carry my baby though, and I miss having a lil' toddler. Kaiya getting too big for me now." He chuckled, reaching up to turn the water pressure to the misty level.