11

Roman closed the garage door with the press of a button, before walking inside of his quiet house, being greeted by both of his dogs who were standing watch right in front of him

"Easy." He gave them the release command, causing them to run back towards the couch to continue watching old re-runs of Martin. Faye left it on for them every night. Sometimes they'd watch Disney Channel too; courtesy of Kaiya.

Walking towards the back of the hall on the first floor, Roman carefully and quietly pushed open his Nana's door, seeing her in bed with her newspaper over her chest. She carried them with her everywhere.

He took it from her hands and folded it up to put it on her nightstand, then he pulled her blanket further over her shoulders. After giving her a kiss on her cheek, he went upstairs to go check both of the girl's room.

This was his usual routine whenever he got off of work-which is where he'd been for the last eight hours. It was now nearing seven in the morning, and he was dog tired. He didn't even feel like taking a shower but he hated the hospital environment lingering on his body for too long.

When he walked into Kaiya's room, he frowned at the sight of her messy blankets on her empty bed. He had already checked Raelle's bedroom, so he knew she just had to be in the bed with his girlfriend, again. He literally couldn't have Angel to himself anymore.

But he couldn't front like the sight of his daughter cuddled up against Angel's chest didn't make his heart melt. Kaiya's iPad was in between them as if she'd fallen asleep watching it, and her mouth was wide open as she lightly snored.

Taking it out of her grip, he put it on the charger because he knew she'd be upset if she woke up and it was dead-even if it was her fault. Then, he got his things together so that he could take a shower,

He spent around twenty minutes in the bathroom, trying not to fall asleep while standing underneath the hot water. When he got out, he washed his face with Cerave facial cleanser and brushed his teeth since he hadn't talked in a while.

Finally, he crawled to the top of his bed and pulled the thick duvet cover back so that he could get underneath them. It was so cold in his room, the cover would barely do any justice-but that's just how he preferred it to be.

"Let me get under you." He spoke after turning Angel's body over so that she now faced him, causing her to stir awake.

"Why would you do that?" She mumbled with her eyes still closed, feeling him bury his face into her chest while his arms slid around her.

"I need you to hold me. Quit playin'." He lifted her arm for her, and she chuckled, placing it over his neck to rest her hand on the back of his head.

His eyes closed as she rubbed through his scalp, putting herself and him to sleep at the same time. He tightened his grip on her, then pulled her leg to be over his waist. He really wished she could get in his skin, but unfortunately, that wasn't possible.