19

Roman unbuckled his seatbelt and stood from his seat, following behind Angel through the middle aisle of the United Airlines first class area to get to the bathroom

Roman unbuckled his seatbelt and stood from his seat, following behind Angel through the middle aisle of the United Airlines first class area to get to the bathroom. This hangover was kicking her ass.

He held her hair back after closing the door, slightly scrunching his face up at the sight of her throwing up. Even though he'd been working at the hospital for years now, he didn't think he'd ever be able to comfortably watch someone else vomit. The sight alone would have his stomach turning.

"Let me see." He tilted her head back once it looked like she was done, beginning to clean her mouth out with a wet napkin.

"I am never drinking again." She leaned against the little storage compartment in the restroom, now sitting on the floor.

"That's what they all say." He chuckled, throwing the napkin in the trash, and then he passed over her purse so that she could brush her teeth again.

When she'd gotten herself together, both of them left out of the bathroom to go back to their seats. Only he and Angel were booked in first class, and Raelle and her friends were in regular economy seats. She couldn't even complain because he'd already spent thousands of dollars on her birthday trip, and plus, all of them wouldn't even be able to fit.

Instead of going to the islands of Hawaii with them, Kaiya had opted to spend the weekend with her best friend. She would be having much more fun at Great Wolf Lodge with Breanna than she would following behind a bunch of teenagers who probably only wanted to party.

As much as Roman loved his daughter, he was glad that he'd be getting to spend some alone time with his girlfriend. In their regular day-to-day life he had to share her, so he was excited for the little break they would have from that.

"Ladies and gentlemen, United Airlines welcomes you to Oahu, Hawaii! The local time is 3:39 in the afternoon with a cool temperature of 76 degrees. For your safety and the safety of those around you, please remain seated with your seat belt fastened and keep the aisle clear until we are parked at the gate." The pilot announced.

Roman looked over at Angel who's head was now resting tiredly on his shoulder with her legs folded up against her chest. Her hoodie was pulled over her head, blocking her view of the lights that were giving her a headache.

"That pill I gave you should kick in soon. I'ma find you somethin' to eat when we land, aight?" He kissed her forehead, watching her nod against his arm.

He chuckled, reaching down into his pocket to grab his phone. If only she would've listened to him last night when he told her to slow down on the drinks.

Ten minutes later they were walking through the Honolulu International Airport, on their way to grab their checked bags from the luggage pick up section. Raelle had invited seven friends, and including the two of them it was ten people on the trip in total. The checked bags alone ran Roman's pockets almost seven hundred dollars.