05

Roman stared up at the ceiling of his bedroom, watching the ceiling fan repeatedly spin in a circular motion

Roman stared up at the ceiling of his bedroom, watching the ceiling fan repeatedly spin in a circular motion. His phone had become boring to him and he didn't have anything to watch on TV, so this was the next best option.

He had got off work an hour ago after spending almost his entire shift thinking about Angel. The only time he didn't think about her was when he was changing the diaper of one his elderly patients, but then she invaded his thoughts immediately after.

Contrary to what he'd expected, he actually remembered everything that happened the other day when he was cross faded. He hadn't been back to the cafe since because he was overly embarrassed. That was so unlike him, he couldn't believe she'd saw him like that.

Like, crying? Really?!

"Shut the fuck up." He muttered aloud, very well talking to himself. It was crazy how you could judge yourself more than others did-and he hadn't stopped judging himself since he'd woken up in his truck at a little past noon with the biggest migraine.

He couldn't stop thinking about how Angel probably thought he was some weak man who couldn't handle his liquor or his own emotions-which was true, now that he thought about it. He just wish she hadn't seen him that way.

"Come in Nana," Roman called out, being taken out of his thoughts when a knock sounded on his door. He knew it was Faye because Kaiya was still at Breanna's house, and Raelle was sleeping through a hangover in her room.

"I just need to let Bob clean your floors in here." Faye opened the door wide so that the robotic floor cleaner could come inside.

"Nana can I talk to you?" Roman asked her, causing her to tear her eyes away from the small robot.

"Sure honey. Is everything ok?"

"Yeah I jus-I don't know. I got a crush, I think. I ain't been able to stop thinking about her and I don't know what to do about it." He said, internally rolling his eyes at himself because it sounded stupid to say out loud.

He was too old for crushes.

"Soooo?" Faye dragged out with a smirk, waiting for him to explain further, and he rolled his eyes again.

"I got drunk on Friday and some shit happened at the club that pissed me off so I went to go see her. She fed me or whatever, then I told her what happened at the club, and like a dummy I told her about Samaiya. Why would I do that yo?" He mostly asked the last question to himself, pinching the bridge of his nose.

"A drunk mind speaks sober th-,"

"Nana that don't make no sense in this situation." He cut her off before she could finish, furrowing his thick eyebrows.

"Like hell it doesn't. The only reason you told her about Maiya is because the sober you was too scared to. You must've been unconsciously comparing the two before you got drunk. Does she remind you of Maiya somehow?"