28

"Come on baby, you gotta eat somethin'

"Come on baby, you gotta eat somethin'." Roman had a small frown on his face, currently squatting on the side of the bed where Angel laid, facing him.

When she didn't respond, he sighed to himself, putting the plate of food on the nightstand. Although her eyes were closed, he knew that she was still awake. She'd been laying here in the bed since nine this morning, just staring at the wall and then she'd close her eyes for a few minutes before repeating the process.

She hadn't touched her phone or any food since two nights ago, and she hadn't really been talking much for the last week or so. Roman had no idea what was wrong with her and it hurt his feelings because that meant he couldn't help her feel better.

Angel was now six days past her due date, and pregnancy made her so upset now. She wanted her body back, she wanted to be able to eat regular snacks again, she was tired of her back hurting 24/7 and she hated that she had to pee every five minutes.

Her sensory issues were all over the place too, so walking barefoot on the floor they'd had custom built in their house made her mouth water as if she would vomit, the texture of Rice Crispy treats-her favorite snacks-made her teeth feel like they were crumbling, and people touching her made her skin hot.

She knew that she was having a meltdown-what her mother liked to call 'a touch of the 'tism', which was short for autism, of course. She used to have episodes like this all of the time, but hadn't really had one since she'd started dating Roman seventeen months ago.

Oh, how she hated episodes.

When Angel reached up to wipe her face, Roman's concerned expression softened at the sight of her crying. Even while being pregnant Angel wasn't a very emotional person, which meant she didn't cry much; and when she did, it was a clear sign that something was wrong.

"I'ma figure somethin' out mama. I promise." He wiped her tears away for her, not even sure if he believed himself. He would always try his hardest for her though.

He stood up from the floor with his phone in his hand, heading for the patio that was on the other side of their bedroom.

"Hello?" Shayla answered after a few rings, and commotion could be heard in the background so Roman assumed she was currently busy.

"Wassup? You busy right now?"

"I'm in the middle of a shoot. Why, y'all good?"

"Somethin' wrong with Angel. She ain't been eating or talking or nothin'-just laying in the bed. She ain't even been playing that dumbass game-subway somethin'. I don't know how to help her 'cause she won't talk to me." He rubbed the back of his neck, pacing the small patio area with the door closed.

"What? For how long? I just talked to her a few days ago."

"Like a week.. it started right after her due date. I don't know if it got something to do wit' my kids though and that shit low-key scaring me 'cause she won't let me take her to the hospital or nothin'."