16

Angel's felt tip pen glided out nicely on her lined notebook paper, writing in cursive that was pretty easy to read

Angel's felt tip pen glided out nicely on her lined notebook paper, writing in cursive that was pretty easy to read. Writing in formal calligraphy was too time consuming to her because she always needed to perfect her handwriting, and that would stress her out. Since cursive already looked sort of messy compared to regular print writing, it was easier for her to do.

She was currently writing down the rest of the stuff she needed to buy for Christmas gifts in her journal-doing last minute shopping just like everyone else. This year had been a little tougher than all the others because she now had four more people she had to shop for, so it was taking longer than usual.

Her debit card transactions had already passed close to two thousand dollars, and she wasn't even done yet. Thankfully, Roman had gifted her a little over five thousand dollars in advance just to take a financial burden off of her-though she was pretty well off without his help. It benefited him too though because she was taking care of the gifts he was supposed to be buying as well.

The Christmas tree at Roman's house was full of neatly wrapped presents already-with thanks to Angel and Faye. They'd decorated the house too, which caused Kaiya to always be ready to come home from school because her house now looked like a winter wonderland.

Speaking of houses, Angel came back home last night since it seemed like she spent every day over at Roman's house now. Unfortunately, leaving didn't do much of anything because Roman and Kaiya came along with her anyway. But, she was home alone as of this moment while Roman dropped Kaiya off at school.

"Missed me?" Roman walked into her bedroom with two white paper bags, and she chuckled as he leaned down to kiss her face. She'd obviously spoke too soon.

"You've been gone for like, an hour tops." She closed her notebook so that he couldn't see her list because she had some things on there that she was planning to buy for him.

"That's fifty-nine minutes too long." He pulled his hoodie off after putting the paper bags in her lap, and she looked down to see the logo on them from her favorite donut shop.

Inside were two ham and cheese croissants that she knew was for her since Roman didn't eat pork, and an order of cinnamon sugar donut holes. He'd also bought her an ice cold bottle of Milo's sweet tea.

"I been craving some sweet tea. You know me so well. Thank you pooh." She pulled his face down so that she could give him a kiss, and he smiled as she pulled away.

"Craving, huh?" He climbed in the bed to lay next to her, getting underneath the covers.

"Stop being subtle about that Roman. I keep telling you I'm not pregnant. Move." She pushed his hand away as soon as it went to her stomach, and he chuckled, wrapping his arms around her waist to lay his head in her lap.