Dancing on thin ice

I realize three things in that split second. First, now that her face is illuminated by the lamp, I know the feeling of something wrong comes from her eyes, when she shifts her line of sight the left eye moves a little bit slower. Second, her right hand is not on the waist but on the gun holster inside her coat; Third, I forgot to check my shoes when I first got to the bus stop.
***

        This is checkmate; she knows that she has the absolute advantage here since my hands are still on my lap. I need to think FAST. I didn't know I was going to be caught up in crossfire (or whatever this is) so I only bring the usual stuff: a pistol strap on the back of my waist and a dagger in my left sleeve. The dagger is not going to work she's not close enough, the gun is too obvious, and with too much movement, she will put one in my head before I can even pull it out.

         Why the fuck didn't I bring the armpit holster.

         So, violence is not the answer, and I don't think dodging bullets at this distance is possible.
I guess there's only one option left.
***

        "Thanks a lot for telling me that." I give her the most natural smile I can muster, "Must have got it from work." She returns me an understanding smile.
"You said you got the impression we are here for the same reason. To be honest I'm kind of under the same impression as well." She slowly nods as if saying 'Keep going, I want to see what tricks you got.'

        "Go on." She gave me a confusing and interested look.

"Let's play a game, shall we? I don't think the bus is going to arrive anytime soon." She raise her eyebrow.

        "It goes like this, you ask me a question, I ask you a question, and whoever guessed the others' profession first wins." She shifts her left hand to the back of her neck and leans back.
         She is actually considering it!

        "And if you're not comfortable with the question you have three chances of ignoring the it. But the answers have to be true. What do you say" Please work.

        "Yeah sure, why not. But I go first."
        Jackpot
***

         Without any other safer options all I can do right now is trying to dig more information out of her (pretty sure she has the same idea in mind, or she's just toying with me) and if I'm lucky, we may find bloodshed unnecessary.

         "What's your name?" I raise my eyebrow at the question. "You didn't say the questions have to be related." She says with an innocent tone.
I should have gone for the gun......

         "Lee."           

         "....... and?"           

     "Just Lee." She was going to say something clever but noticed from my expression that I'm very serious.           

     "My turn, how would you like to be referred to miss?" Being polite never fail me before and besides, I don't have anything to lose.           

         "Well, in business-related situations people call me Vel, other times people call me Vera."  Well, that means there are still some chances that she's an escort.            

     "You said you were working overtime around here; do you usually work here?"

          Clever girl.           

         "From time to time but not usually though."

         "When you said your business partner want you to wait here ...... does your business partner live nearby? Maybe in piao jie?" This is a gamble; her answer could go from absolutely useless to very productive.

         "No, not really. But that was a good try tho." She nods with appreciation like a teacher encouraging her students.
          This is delicate.
          The consoling job that I failed was between two Chinese in a plaza close to the avenue but outside of China town and I am certain the two of them and the few goons with them are all from 'piao jie', now that I think back the honest one seems a lot more...... nervous than the lying one.
This is bad.          

          "My turn again, what were you looking at when you first seat down?" Great! I created a rigged game and trap myself in it.           

          "Pass."           

          "Is the blood on your shoes yours or your coworkers."            

          "My......peers."            

          "Did you lose your eye during work?" Another gamble but this time I won. For the first time since I met vel, her smile froze, she lost her composure.

          "Pass." That confirms it was an occupational injury and one of her eyes is artificial.

          "How long have you been waiting at this bus stop?" Her smile fades away.           

          "Pass." Shit, not good.
          I was trying to pinpoint if she could be the bodyguard of one of those two Chinese, but her hiding the answer made it more complicate.
I carefully review all the information I gathered, trying to figure out what tricks I haven't use yet.
Then. I remember. A small little detail. Like a shade that's out of place in a huge mural.
Ignored because of the adrenaline kicking in. But now that I recalled, it's like an itch hidden in the back of my head.

          "............ Is there blood on your pants?" My last move, I'm out of options and ideas.

           "Pas.......... ha ha ha ha HaHAHA."
Halfway through the sentence she suddenly cracks and starts laughing hysterically then cover her mouth with her right hand.

           Here it is !

           The moment I had been waiting for.

           I lift out my jacket with my right hand and pull my gun out in a swift motion then I point it firmly at the woman who's still laughing uncontrollably.

       "Sorry I couldn't help it. It has been a long time since I have had this much fun." Fun? So, she was indeed playing with me. "You haven't answered me yet," I said not affected by her......mental breakdown.

            She now puts both of her hands on her lap and changes her position, more specifically she crossed her right leg on top of her left leg. I now see there is a red handprint followed by a trace of blood down her right inner thigh. Though being held at gunpoint, she looks more relaxed than ever, it's like she is more used to this rather than a normal conversation.

       "There, does this answer your question?"               
           "It certainly does, now I think I know your profession."              

          "Oh? Do tell." She makes a 'please' gesture.             

       "You were the bodyguard of one of the Chinese who was negotiating at the plaza 20 minutes walk from here."
           She looks at me like a predator looking at its next meal, or a kid who cuts off insects' limbs for fun.

       "No." Shit

"My turn. You are the mediator for that little peace negotiation that is set up to fail, and judging from the way you think and act I would say you also engage in other types of business, so my guess is you're a freelancing mercenary."

          If that was checkmate five minutes ago then this is smacking my face with a chessboard.