Extra chapter : Recording

This chapter can give you a better understanding of what Lee heard.
            The rest of the conversation is in Chinese.
—————————————————————————

           "He's inside. And he's not in a good mood." Nan's voice appears then comes the sound of a door closing in the background.

           "Father. You look tired. Why not take a break? Peace is upon us we have....."

           "If you have something to say, say it." A very hoarse but stoic voice appears. There was another voice in the background but it stops when Qin cuanhua spoke. It is hard to make out whether the voice is in the same room or not.

            "........Kirin told me you double the production of .95....Why?" I've never heard Qin Yan talking in that tone before, but considering I've only met her two hours ago.....

            "Offensive action and defensive action both require strength. Peace is just another form of battle. If we show any sign of stopping or sloppiness, another will come and piao jie will be back in hell's fire again."
            "The income from this line of business is little to none. Strength can be shown in other forms. Wouldn't you agree?"
            There's a pause.
"And what do you suggest?"
"Reinforcing our business in the avenue, the products are complaining about the lack of security to stop the customer abuse." Some mumbling in the background.

"And......shouting down the gun business entirely. The Russians are giving final warnings."
"Mao zi is precisely the reason why I'm doubling the rate of production. They always hold ill intentions. Let those dogs keep on barking. When it finally decided to bite. They'll choke on it. "

"Father. There is little to no meaning in enraging the Russians. If we continue on this the arms dealers in town will cut ties with us."
"Let them. We don't need them, piao jie will be an independent nation when what I envisioned is done."
A long pause.
"Mute." Qin Yan spits those two words as if they're venom.
The first part of the audio ends.
—————————————————————————

The sound of the door opening. This time no people are talking in the background but there is a crisp sound of porcelain colliding with each other.
"Five dead, two in the hospital. That's just this week." The sound of Qin Yan rings again. "That makes it 20.......we lost 20 of our men within a month!" She spoke with a bit lisp.

"What's that smell?" The emperor sounds even more hoarse than last time. But the dignity and reproach tone still makes him intimidating.

"When is this madness going to end?" Yep, Miss Qin is tipsy.

"What have I done to you to deserve such treatment from my daughter? You don't even wash your hands after smoking now." The last sentence is not a blame but a statement.

"Ha. Why should I? At this rate, we will die by the russkyies before tuberculosis gets a chance! When is it going to stop? Why would you do this? Give me one good reason!"

"When they paid. For what they've done! When they atone for their sins! For what they did to me! I know how many we're losing every day. But do you know how much they paid? Ahem," He's coughing furiously at the end. With the shitty recording quality, it almost sounds like it's a bad connection sound.

"No. You don't. You don't concern yourself when you're in an 'edou' like this. You focus on your enemy and the damage you've done to that son of a dog. They have lost six scouts, two establishments, and several trucks of shipments this month."

            "So what? The price is way too high, even if we did prevail. Then what? Do you want to turn Nochnaya into another piao jie? We know nothing about how they work or how the arms dealing......."
             "I don't care. Ahem..... about that fucking place. Or maozi business ahem...... What I want is justice, nothing else......" Qin Cuanhua's voice became smaller and smaller with every cough.
"Leave. I'm done with you now."
The second part ends.
—————————————————————————

             Noisy white noises, incomprehensible shoutings, a loud sound of something breaking on the floor. After a high-volume sonic boom. The words become understandable again.

"Why can't you see? Are you blind?" Presumably, the sound of Qin Quanhua appears, though it sounds like sandpapers scratching each other. "Here, and there. They have been planning this all along. They're coming!"

            "And what made it this way? Huh? If it weren't for your superstitions it wouldn't have happened! You made it this way! You started an unnecessary war! Against one of the strongest factions of this city!" The sound of Qin Yan shouting occurs. Some irritating and harsh noises appear when her voice hits a certain threshold. Despite the sound of Miss Qin being the most focused one, the sound of his father whispering something can still be heard in the background.

            ".........you were right...Xie Yen...I wasn't....." As Qin Yan stops shouting, the background noise became visible again. The emperor is the one whispering in the background, but as the sound of Miss Qin rises again. It seizes.
"Speak, Damnit! Why are you like this? Aren't you always the one against it?"
There's no answer to her query except some murmur which still sounds like they came from her father.
           "Uncle would be ashamed to see you now..."
Before She could finish the insult, the sound of a chair scratching the wooden floor loudly broke it followed by a loud static. As the noises wear off there's still the sound of glass and chinas shaking. Someone just hit something which results in this. What's worth mentioning is that the sound of static came before the sound of the chair scratching fully stops.

           "How dare you mentioned him now! They cost it! All of them! They want what's ours all along, the empire that we built together......they got him....but they wouldn't get me...No! I will kill them first! All those idiotic maozi...... and the  feeble hanjian, them too!." What started as low groaning becomes screams at the end. Followed by the sound of furniture colliding and falling on the floor.

"What are you doing now?.....No? father don't...." The sound of Miss Ain was once again broken by his father's shouting.

"I, Qin Quanhua vow it in the name of my father and his assenters." A muffled sound, hard to tell what it is. Then comes a series of short breaths. "The living in this room, the deceased under my feet, the gods upon us all. Shall all be my witnesses."

              "Father...."
              "I will slaughter every single one of them! The savages, the traitors, the dishonest! The maozi and hanjian! I'll give no quarters, just as they did to me and my family before." The ringing sound of glass shattering follows. "If the oath is to be broken by me in the future. Ren ren de er zhu!"

"......dad....."
"You're no longer needed here. Like always, you failed me. Now get out!"

The third part ends with the sound of the door slamming.
—————————————————————————

As always, thanks for checking my story! Leave a comment on what you think of it.