Dynasty

The first thing I see is my own reflection. There's a wooden porch with a round mirror in the middle. After Bypassing it, the room
expanded. On the right side, there's a small living room area with three leather sofas and a wooden coffee table in the middle. There's a small door next to it.
On the left side are the bookcases that cover the whole wall. At the end of the room is a row of French widows that leads to the balcony when opened. Except for some paintings on the wall and small Chinese trinkets on the shelf the office is fairly simple compared to the rest of this floor. I estimate the whole room is about 70 square feet.
            Nan closes the double door and locks it behind me. He puts his hands behind his back. Waiting for me to proceed.

            Alright, let's meet the devil.

           At the end of the room, in front of French widows. An executive desk, walnut wood probably.  Few documents on the table, and a map of Faust on the side. A heavy-looking imperial jade seal on the edge and an old banker lamp at the corner of the table, currently on. A few fountain pens are scattered on the left side.

           Behind the desk, on a classic leather chair sits a stunning young Chinese woman. Small figure, about 170 cm tall, she's wearing a suit and a black tight with collar buttons up, unlike nan. Messy low bun with hair even darker than mine. A Jade earring on each side. She have the face of a typical Chinese beauty, oval face, narrow chin, small nose, and cloudy gray eyes bigger than most around here. Noticeable eyeliners, red lips and long eyelashes. I estimate she can't be older than I am.
           Overall her face gives out an extremely feminine, gentle vibe. But her eyes..... I can't see through it, observing someone's eyes is the easiest way to understand a person, they don't lie. But when I try to study her storm-colored pupils nothing came out of it.

She watches me slowly make my way across the room and stops 1 meter in front of her desk. Nan is behind me on the right.

             "Mr. Lee meet miss Qin Yan of the Qin family." Nan nods at her. "Miss Qin. Mr. Lee has come as you requested." A small smile forms on her face as I see a hint of interest sparks in her eyes.

             Well, I'll be fucking damn. The emperor's daughter in the flesh.

            The known family members of the Qin family consist of: The head of the family and the emperor Qin Cunhua, his daughter Qin Yan, his deceased wife Xie Yan, his deceased older brother Qin Shang, and his younger brother Qin Wen.

             Living in Euforia and especially in my line of work, you're bound to know a bunch of gossip about the influential people in town. Rumor has it that mostly it was Qin Cunhua and his older brother that conquered piao jie. They were strategists and ruthless gangsters.

             Qin Cunhua is the emperor that united piao jie and put an end to the power struggle which had been going on for decades.
People regard him as a terrifying and intimidating man. A smart and ruthless leader.
But he's also a family man, as someone that runs a sex business he was surprisingly very loyal to his wife Xie Yen, words has it that she is one of the most beautiful woman in the era. But there haven't even been rumors about her cheating on her husband. The two of them were deeply in love, that part almost everyone can agree on.

But about 12 years ago Qin cuanhua's beloved wife died in a 'car accident' which devastated him. What's worst is that at the end of the 'warring state,' his older brother Qin Shang died of assassination in his own bed alongside his wife. No one in that house survived. The guards, the servants, and even his two-year-old son were smothered to death while sleeping. Only his oldest son got away because he wasn't at home that night. He was adopted by Qin Cunhua afterward.
There were many speculations about who orchestrated the slaughter, the most popular theory was that a Hail Mary of one of the other families in piao jie.
             After his second closest family member died of unnatural causes, Qin Cunhua became paranoid and irritable. He almost never leaves piao jie. Even after he gained full control of the situation he's still surrounded by personal guards when he's in public which is a rare sight even in Chinatown. And even rarer for his daughter. Not many people know what she looks like those that did say she's the most gorgeous girl in piao jie. And most people believe she will inherit her father's legacy.

              As for their younger brother. People say that he's an ....... eccentric person. Some say he's fuck in the head, always mumbling some weird stuff, and spends most of his time in opium dens. He didn't participate in the family business much and he's not close to his two older brothers either.

Inside Chinatown, the Qins are like royalties, people fear and respect them, some want to join them others try to fawn over them.
But outside of piao jie people don't really like the Chinese since the start and the situation escalated after the Qin family rules Chinatown now.
             Most of the gangs will hire freelancers to do some jobs for them from time to time but the Qins hate doing business with outsiders, therefore the Chinese market is practically none existent for the mercenaries. Plus the fact that an insane amount of self-made guns are manufactured here and sold for low prices doesn't just piss off the Russians but also makes brats on the street can get their hands on a piece easily, therefore, making it harder for gangs to control their territories.

And lastly, they're a bunch of fucking sharks. They like to make money out of the most devious, dishonorable(I know it's ridiculous for me to say that) way possible. The badger games in the avenue, the extortions at the city center, the loans, taking advantage whenever they can. And not just towards civilians but criminals too.

And now I'm at their house. Standing 1 meter away from a core family member....