Preparations

Skip the news channels, I stop at the weather report and turn up the volume.
"Temperatures are going to sour. In the afternoon the southern parts of Faust might hit a new height of 31 degrees Celsius, 88 degrees Fahrenheit......."

The voice slowly fades away as I walk into the bathroom to wash my face with cold water, but the dizziness is still stuck at both sides of my head alongside a mild headache.

Fun fact: Dizzy is just another form of headache.

I grab a bottle of painkillers from the mirror cabinet. Walk past the living room.

  "Sunny with cloudy periods. But after sunset....."

The kitchen is under my open bedroom, though it's got all the stuff you can think of, but truth be told I've only been using the fridge, coffee machine, and oven (cabinets next to the stove isn't large enough for my booze stash). I found a mug that doesn't look too awkward with espresso and press start on the coffee machine.

"Light drizzling after night is expected. And mild drop of temperature......"

While I'm waiting, I open the oven to check if my M&P is still between two bottles of gin. A security check is long overdue since I'm back in town. As the deep buzzing stops behind me. I pop two painkillers and finish the expresso in a minute.
Pondering if it counts as a miracle I'm still alive with a lifestyle like this.

"Next up, on the capital of......" Turning off the TV and popping my joints. I start taking care of three months worth of chores.
                                     ***

            Guns are all in good condition despite not tending them for a while. Some water stains on the edge of my gun cabinet behind mirror in the bathroom but the firearms themselves seemed fine after some basic examinations.

            My place on the fifth floor is not as fancy as Ivan's penthouse or his office but living here for more than a couple of years now I had converted the whole place to be as comfortable as possible ....... for me at least.

          The wooden cabinet by the porch has a small monitor inside connected to the pinhole camera installed on a screw hole above my door knocker. On the second shelf is a set of keypads, if someone doesn't type the password in the next 15 seconds after opening my door. The alarm next to my bed will sound....... I'll admit this had cost some inconvenience when I had visitors. So I added a manual disable by my bed.

           The bathroom is on the right of the short hallway upon entering which is the only space in here without a wooden floor. Five meters left to my entrance, the place expanded.

           To the left is my living room. Iron coffee table in front of my TV, placed just far enough to rest my feet and not hitting the legs of it every damn time I walk by. Next to the television is the portable record player Vera forced me to buy (There's a story behind that, but I really don't want to reminisce ).

           Under those is an industrial TV stand to place the records and a Beretta 92 between 'The animals' and 'Who's next'.

           Between the third and second couch cushions of a leather sofa is a SIG P365. And close to the wooden sofa legs on the left is a Benelli M4. A row of one-way window glass on the north wall to save elasticity bills. A Black Sputnik chandelier hangs in the space between the living room and kitchen.

            A bookshelf against the south wall, with Russian, Chinese, Spanish, Italian, Japanese, and English dictionary on the lower shelf. And classic stories and poems that I read less and less nowadays but on some nights when I'm out of booze and sleeping pills having a 'Life in the Woods' is always good.