Extra chapter: Caribbean Oneirophrenia

I was in a prison on a perilous cliff. I have my own little quarter, pictures of flowers, and plants on the wall, in front of my creaking wooden desk. Two steps to the right is my folding bed. No sheets, but in this place I don't really need them anyway. It's even hotter than Faust.

           The exit and entrance of my cell is a solitary steel door with rusty metal fortifications and rivets the size of an egg.

           7 paces directly from the door is the only window in this place, I should be happy there even is one. Not to mention the view.
The view lights up the atmosphere, I can sapphire color ocean changes the flow of waves with the season.

            Distant islands by the horizon, a single palm tree on a reef directly under my window, a patrol speedboat with guards fishing on them on every sunset, when the chances of catching yellowtail snappers or Barracudas are better.

            It's a peaceful sight, I have been staring at it for almost a year now. Thankfully, I haven't got sick of it yet.

            I didn't bother bribing the guards, I don't really need favors from them in here.
One of the prisoners used his shitty Spanish to hint that he could bring me some grass or a pipe even newspapers while I was in the yard. When I ask him about a burned phone he laughs, next time in the shower the guy picks the spot next to me.

            Under the sound of inconsistent water splashes and men shouting in foreign language which I doubt they invented themselves. He told me he could theoretically get it in his equally crappy English, but it's going to cost me.

             I used six different languages to tell him I'll cut his dick off if he tries anything.
Not sure if he gets it, since he just carries on talking about how my 'cousin's brother' will visit me next Thursday, and he's going to be conveniently wearing the exact same shoes that I'm wearing now. And since he's my relative, I can meet him in the big room instead of talking behind iron-bared windows.

          Guessed he run out of favors or got caught before, the guards are on him 24/7 lately.
I agreed, but just as he was leaving, I noticed a tattoo of female genitalia under his armpit, on his ribs.

           The guy was in a Russian prison before, and he was a thief.
          It doesn't really bother me. Everyone was a thief once or twice, he just happen to steal from the wrong guy and got caught. But it did make me rethink how to approach him in the future. If needed.

          Thursday came. I met my 'cousin' in the open guest room. An inmate is staring at the table while a middle-aged woman glares at him with watery eyes, a woman in one piece is talking about how her shop's doing this season while the plump of her pregnant belly slowly deflated while her hands move under the table every time guards moves away their sight. I sat down in front of the only Asian face in this room except me.

          He got into the action immediately, bullshiting a bunch of Japanese words while kicking off his sneakers under the table. I do the same while returning him with Chinese since I can make out more words that way.

           Pretending was like second nature of me. I laugh, squint, twitch the corner of my lips, and even made my eyes red while nodding to his gibberishes.

        We keep this going for another ten minutes after we traded shoes under the table. He hugged me before going through the security check.
The guy with a vagina tattoo came walking by my side with his hand on my shoulder before I get back to my block. Gave me a few instructions about how to get his cargo out of it. Patted my shoulder as I walk back to my cell.