King of pawns

Nariyaki, nick name Dojo. Used to be a shateigashira. And a very capable one. Now he's one of the abandoned pawns of the gumi. The nickname 'dojo' first came from the inner circle of the organization, later on, it became known in the streets too since this guy got a lot of 'friends'. Instead of dedicating himself to the organization and his new brothers and seniors, dojo likes to wander around the organization's territory, making accountancies of all kinds.

Back before he was punished, he used to be seen around the many underground casinos of the southern ring (Via Martinase). And some of the folks with more insights at the boryokuda, mentioned he also managed some of the debt-collecting business but he never do the dirty work himself, always got some of his shatei or many of his 'friends' to do it for him.

He was a player too, his name was known around downtown and even in Noch for being well-connected and.....less rigid about the rules of his gang. (Some said he prefers Glen Avenue more than some of the kyabakura)

The days when he can walk around the city center with people bowing at him left and right came to a dramatic end. The reason is completely oblivious to outsiders, all we knew was that he must have done something truly fucked up to get himself where he is now.

After a certain incident, the yakuza released an open contract for his head, not metaphorically they want his 'head' for good money.

As soon as the bounty was announced, he disappears. Many of his friends were questioned by the gang and freelancers but the answers are all the same, they don't have the slightest clue where he is.
Eventually, mercs and the gumi got tired of searching. They believed he skipped town which was the most reasonable action considering everything. But two months later, he came back.

Most of the outsiders thought his name 'Dojo' got something to do with the bullshit samurai stuff the japs won't shut up about, for the word is commonly known as the place where swordsman practice.

But the truth is, the pronunciation of 'dojo' has more than one meaning in Japanese. Such as loach, which is the real meaning of his nickname. They called him dojo because the guy is one slippery motherfucker and no matter how hard you try to catch him, he always gets away.

Nariyaki came back and convinced his former brothers not to gut him on sight and listen to what he had to say.

The rest is unknown to outsiders again, I've only heard parts of the story from some of the seniors in the mob. All we know is, they committed a 'sakazuki' and cut off both of his pinkies which is rare because usually sins that can't be amend with one pinky is paid in blood.

After the ritual, the yakuza withdraw the bounty. He's a member of the family again, but the glorious days are over for him. He can only manage this specific entertainment area and nothing more, he can not recruit new members (theoretically), and he can not expand, if anything goes wrong here he will have hell to pay. And so, this small kobukicho became his cage.

But as the organization basically ostracize him and left him to rot in this place, the dojo got his own plan. He starts contacting all his old pals, not for favors just to 'chit chat'.

The guy knows his way around small-time gangsters, hustlers on the ring, and thugs from all over the city. After a bunch of phone calls and some gatherings, he opens his new business in an under-construction station. It was about 10 years ago, not long after I came to Faust.

During these ten years, he had turned his cage into a palace, his own little kingdom. Before he was assigned here, the place only has a few sets of pachinko machines and plastic benches.
Now it's one of the most well-known underground streets in Via Martinase, and every bouncer, bartender, clerk, receptionist, playgirl, manager, thug, doormen, and guard are all his 'friends' who monitor every little detail of customers, they'll lick the words accidentally slips from people's mouth and sing it in dojo's ear.