Final touches

We spent the next 10 minutes or so discussing which kind of pattern wouldn't look too dramatic. In the end, Maurizio dug out one of the suits in the storage and made the leathery, heavy outlook of its lapel with the altered damask pattern the final decision. The whole thing was supposed to be full black, but after a bit of back and forth, we agreed on silting a bit of grey in it. By the time it's settled, our sniffers had been filled and emptied more than twice and the decanter is almost at the bottom.

Maurizio runs his left hand through his hair before gesturing towards the mess on the table. Dozens of lapels overlapped on each other, yellow measuring tape interspersed between fabrics like an alcoholic's vein.

"I'll finalize the design as quickly as possible, and I would suggest the waistcoat to have the same patterns to complete the look." I wave my hand idly towards the same mess to agree with him.

"Sounds good enough for me as long as it won't make me look like some chick in a corset or a Japanese cab driver."

             "Ha! Don't worry about it. Only a man in doubt of himself would look like a moron in waistcoat ..... see, the trick is to relax your shoulders." The tailor said while placing his hands on his abdomen, leaning back on the table with his shoulders undulating subtly according to his breaths.
            "Let your chest fits the build normally, don't try to plump it or stick out or you'll look like an asshole. Do it naturally," Maurizio raises his chin slightly in a way greatly similar to his partner in business of the black-and-white picture but keeps his upper body still without a sense of rigidness.

I take a moment to think about what he said and deem myself too tired to have an opinion so I simply raise the glass to clink his as approval and bravo before taking a swig of the remaining liquor in my glass.

            "So what's next on the list, Collars? Pockets?" Maurizo refills my glass one last time as the decanter is officially emptied.

"Yes, but pockets first. Usually, I would recommend jetted pockets to go with the lapel you choose." He lengthened the 'se' to make the sentence a question, I returned him with a very explicit look of 'I don't know what the fuck is that."

The tailor visibly swallowed his emotions and put on a feeble smile.

"The kind without any exterior fabrics or flaps as we call it. Minimizing the attention, maximizing the overall look." I returned him with a broad one.

"So be it then. But do people actually use them?" Maurizio shrugged and answered while cracking his neck.
           "Depends. I do. But I know some people see them as mere decorations. The size isn't appealing for any use, but you can still throw your car keys or pocket knives in and expect them to stay there since the lining and the fabric will smother any objects......" Maurizio clamps the neck of his sniffer with a middle and nameless finger. He rhythmically swirls the glass, watching the small turbulence of amber liquor. "...But also accentuate whatever you put in there." He said finished the last line while leaning his head slightly back, warning me with his eyes to not put any tools in them.

           He's starting to remind me of Lev.....
"Either way do as you wish," He raises the sniffer's mouth close to his philtrum, almost covering his nose inside before slowly raising his palm till the glass's bottom is facing the ceiling as he down the rest of the whiskey.