Extra chapter: The afternoon of fauns

"Hey..... you alright?" Half dizzy, very drunk, she asks.
"......No. You?"
"Imagine what you're going through and times 100."
"Very........glad to... Oh, fuck it. What's the meaning of it anyway?"
"Meaning of what?"
"Of pretending, Viv." Upon my words she turned around..... a bit too fast, her head had to recalibrate where my face was.
"Pretending?" Eyes as big as a goldfish, she asks.
"Yes. Pretending! As if I like living in this dump, like I'm nothing without it! Burn in fucking hell, like I like those bastards! ....... Like I like anyone." Long silence, long enough for my alcohol-poisoned brain to register.
"You were acting?" I laugh a loud fucking hic-up.
"Define 'were'" She turned around, like a spider upside down. She pressed her palms on my arms, riding me without the intention to do so.
"When you met me, you fucking asshole." Her eyes as pure as it gets, as anyone in the city gets.
"Acting eh? Were I acting when I first met you?" Eyes wondering, like I'm considering the question in my brain. And of course, I wasn't. As fucked up I was, like my brain was dragging me downwards and my body with it. I'm a fool. A goddamn fool. "I guess I was."
"Piece of shit........"
"Yeah..... something like that." She slaps my face. But I don't feel a thing. God. This shit is strong.
"Are you pretending now?" Excuses came like a leaking volt, those that work in a group.
"Yes. It's a hobby, a nasty one." She kisses me, deep, hard, like a train on break.
"You felt that?" Pure brown, staring down.
"I felt the lips on mine. I felt you, what you meant........but nothing else....... Sorry, Viv."
"Fuck you." I laughed, and she turned back to her side of bad. She falls down on the mattress so hard that she bounces up again.
"....Had a bad day."
"That your fucking excuse?"
"That's my condition."
"Why do I put up with you?" I take a puff, pondering if I should say what I'm thinking.
"I thought you were enjoying this...., ? Cause if not, I could go any....... any time 20 to 40 minutes later." A short silence, then a sneeze.
"No. You stay."
"......Alright then." I shake my head to the left but it rings like a bell until it hits the limit of my neck and swing back till I see her face on pillows again. "Thanks." She turned around, the back of her head facing me, shoulder-length hair slapped on my nose.
"Night mate."
"Sweet dreams."

I didn't dream that night. But I saw yellow and brown with traces of red swimming.
       The next morning I did get a shit load kicked out of my brain and organs. Hangovers from no brand liquor are always the worst. Feeling like my windpipe and digesting system are turning inside out before jumping out my mouth making me look like I spawn a tail from my mouth. I throw my head back on the mattress and block my mouth to fight the nausea.

"Viv....... I'm dying."
"Dude...... shut the fuck up. Your voice is like thunderstorms in my brain....... The kind with rocks and shit."
"Fuckkkk." Can't get up, so the remaining doses of alcohol In my system decided to offer me one last great idea. Roll. So I roll off bed and hit the floor with my nose first.
Funny, thought it would be more painful... Oh never mind, needs a moment to register. It hurts.
"Leeee... please shut up....., seriously it's royally killing me..... wait, where the hell are you?"
I try to think about if it's a good idea to roll around again to answer her. And my body only got half of the thought processed so I spin myself around once more, facing the ceiling. A fan in blurry vision looks like a helicopter and is hypnotic as shit.

A trickle of blood rolls down my nostril as the invisible palm presses down on my face.
"....Down here... viv. By the bed." A head poked out the edge of my sight, she's blocking the fan, what a shame.
"God damn. You look like a fucking target practice- shit! Oh for the..... my head is splitting." Half way through a laughter, half of her face twirl up. Like a drying painting getting thrown out the window.