Ivan

From the jiu lou to the icebreaker will take about 40 minutes on foot. Ivan is usually there at night counting dough and managing his club. I consider calling him first but decided not to since explaining the situation will take forever.
Whatever it is inside this package had one of the most powerful people in town's full attention.     
    I expect obstacles on the way.

Currently I'm moving from the center to the edge of piao jie, within a crowd of people. I accommodate their pace, and the way they walk while keeping my head low, avoiding any eye contacts.
The familiar cold shiver down my spine happens again. The feeling of being watched lurking around my senses.
Carrying high-value cargo is a work I take little interest in. Cause it puts you in a defensive position, making you paranoid and therefore making you stand out from the others as an easy target.
The stakes are unknown, the job can go from a walk in the park to an unmarked van pulls up in front of you with four masked men armed with automatic rifles.

I'm using the windows of cars passing by my side to check if I'm being followed. So far I didn't notice anyone. But this method can only identify stalkers that are close to me, rookies. Those I can despatch easily. What I'm worry about is the ones that always keeps you in the corner of his eye, and only follows you every time you disappear from their line of sight. Those pros are hard to notice because you'll have to check your back a lot and if you do that, you might alert them.

Reaching the frontier of Chinatown, I decided to risk it. I detached from the crowd of people on the pavement and turned right into a watchmaker's.
The bell on the door rings as an old man raises his head from the counter.
"Welcome." He says unenthusiastically.
I look at the showcases by the counter. Browsing the items, looking for the cheapest product there......... the best I got is a bronze pocket watch which costs 299 dollars.
"I would like to purchase that," I tell the owner in Chinese.
He opens the glass showcase with a key and carefully takes it out, places it on the counter to check if there's any damage. I turn around waiting for both the owner and any possible stalkers. The only way to see the inside of the store is from the glass door at the front. The view from my perspective is very limited. All I can see is pedestrians walking.
"All is good, that will be 299."
"Sorry, could you clean it with alcohol or sensitizer? It's a gift. I would like it to be in its best shape."
"Sure, but it will take a moment." Just what I was hoping for.
For the next 15 minutes, I stand silently by the wall, behind a wooden closet. Watching the front door.
          Still nothing. Maybe there really isn't any follower.
One last try before I move on.
"Alright. I think whoever this is for will be pleased." The owner finished cleaning the watch.
"Uh. One more thing. Could you find me a box? A wooden box to go with it feels right." The owner lets out a silent sign.
"Sure. But that's 10 dollars more and I got to check the back."
"It's fine. And uh..... can I borrow the restroom too?"
"Go through there and turn left, remember to close the light when you're done." He didn't even look at me.
I watch him close the storage room door by the side before I move towards the back of the store.
Turning on the light reveals an incredible amount of furniture and antiques. And at the corner of the room, a rusty fireproof door sits.

Jackpot.

Because of the density of the buildings and populations in piao jie. Every one of them has at least one fire escape route that leads to the firewall between buildings.
Opening it took a bit of effort, but thankfully there was no alarm. I use a chair by the side to hold the door.

At the back alley by the firewall, I first make sure no one from the street sees me before Climbing up the exterior escape ladders. All the way to the third floor's roof. I crouch by the edge of the building and survey every single person on the street.
Most of them pass by the watchmaker's shop without a glance or even noticing it. No cars slowly driving through the neighborhood either. Just when I think is all clear.