02: New Boy

"My name is Gregory Adewale." He said and Sandra's heart fluttered at the mere tone of his voice.

She looked up at him as he took his seat on her left, and he made eye contact making her stomach flutter with butterflies.

His eyes roamed her body from head to toe and he bit his lip before turning back to the teacher.

She couldn't and wouldn't deny that he was handsome, with broad shoulders, dark hair that was cut low, and stuck on his head in waves, pink full lips and hypotonic eyes.

She turned to the teacher while digesting everything. She knew she had just gotten a first crush.

...

During break time, Sandra was having a chat with Helen and some other girls when Greg walked past them, with his hand wrapped around Blessing's waist but his eyes all over Sandra's body.

He flashed her a smile and a small wink before walking off, she scoffed.

"Oga just enter school and he don already get Blessing." Helen said.

"Blessing na easy catch na, just get ègo and she don run follow you. I hear say him papa be one big politician wey get plenty house for Banana Island and Lekki." Favor said.

(Blessing is an easy catch, if you just have cash she'll run after you. I heard that his father is a big politician that has plenty of houses in Banana Island and Lekki.)

"But the boy fine ohh."

"Ahhh abeg! I neva see guy wey fine like this for real life. This boy face fi catch me sef."

"See child of God." Helen remarked.

"Shut up. You no see the boy face?"

"Yoruba boys are my type now ohh."

"Abegiiii. You no see se him dey eye Sandra."

Everyone's eyes turned to Sandra. "He smiled at you... Girl, you get luck ohh, na my mama I blame sey dem no born me make I fine reach you."

"Eh-eh finest girl in school plus finest guy in school equals to finestest child in the world. Omo I sabi maths."

"Olodo wetin be finestest?"

(Fool, what is finestest?)

"Abeg you people should leave me oh. You know how I am and you know how boys are, they play with you, get into your pant and dump you and I'm not looking to be a victim of that." Sandra said.

"Ehhnn we know you na. Prophetess, na only you wan go heaven."

...

After school, Sandra was heading home walking with Helen and Ijeoma.

"Abeg you see that new boy come class today ehn, I been don dey look that boy since. That boy is delicious, I swear. You go see se him go be my boyfriend." Ijeoma said.

"And he will dump you in two weeks." Helen said.

"Why will he dump me? Look at me, I pack all the goods." She pushed out her butt and pushed up her chest, "what do I not have?"

"Hips? Yansh? Face? Dignity? Respect? Brain? Sens-" Helen was going on with the list when she clasped her mouth.

"Shut up abeg. I get sense pass you, na only hips I no get." She turned to Sandra "abeg borrow me some." Her eyes flipped to where Sandra's hips swayed as she walked, "Omo, before I come this school I no see person wey get hips like this. Big hips, no boobs."