14: Meeting

So, I think I'm gonna quit writing this story. Since y'alls fingers refused to just TAP THAT STAR!
You might not hear from Second Chance again, and I mean it.

"And you are his ex-girlfriend?" Opeyemi asked and Rebecca hesitantly nodded.

Rebecca was currently at a restaurant with Yemi, the owner of the modelling agency.

"But professionally, I am a very... A very..." Becca was trying to figure out what to say.

"A very what?" Yemi asked, raising a brow in amusement.

Becca cleared her throat and looked around, this was a private space in the elite restaurant so there was no one there but them and some bodyguards who just stood like statues. Her eyes wandered to the Italian food laying on the table and she grasped the glass of water and took a chug.

"A very beautiful lady, I can walk on any stage." She completed and Opeyemi suddenly laughed.

"You think this is some sort of joke. Look, this is not a part-time job for some small agency. You need training to go on the stage and absolutely no nervousness, you can't even complete a sentence talking less of walking in a lingerie in front of hundreds of people." Yemi said and Becca broke into a sweat.

"But I could take training... I mean, I've got the body-" Yemi interrupted.

"Oh please, cut me some slack. Look at your skin, it's clearly bleached. Your face is full of damaged plastic..." She laughed, "you should have hired a better plastic surgeon."

Becca frowned, "madam! With all due respect, this meeting was not to insult me. If you are going to loose this big opportunity to work with the next star then be my guest." She picked up her purse and pulled out her chair, "no wonder you birthed a bastard! Like mother like son."

Opeyemi scoffed and looked at her bodyguard who pulled out her chair for her and held the confused Becca.

"I'm in a good mood today so it's just going to be a brief slap." Opeyemi said and walked towards her to slap her.

Becca's cheek was torn from the large diamond ring on Opeyemi's finger.

"How dare you?!" Yemi asked while slapping her again across the cheek.

"Ahhh!!" Becca screamed and Yemi kicked her legs to make her fall on the floor.

"Birthed a bastard?! I know he is a bastard and I definitely didn't birth him. You think I'm your friend that you can talk to like that?" Yemi said while hitting her back, "radarada." She hissed and retreated.
...

Rotimi hadn't come close to Sandra again, her hips still hurt and she couldn't walk well without limping. She had of course reported to Uche but Uche had insulted her and told her it was karma biting her for what she had done to Sandra.

Sandra was in her quarters biting into her last cupcake and looking at her cheek in the mirror.

You know that African saying, 'I will slap you sotey my five finger will show on your cheek.' That was exactly what happened to her, Rotimi's fingers were embedded into her cheek and she laughed while looking at them and remembering how she had thrown her to the gas cooker.

When she heard a scream and she ran outside.

"What happened to you?" Uche asked while trying to pick up her screaming daughter, "who did this to you?!" She asked and Becca pushed her off.

"As if you can do anything about it. That bastard, that James! His mother beat me up!"

"Ahhh! Why?!" Uche asked while Rotimi just stepped out, of course limping.

"You are asking me why, you can't even take me inside to tend to my wounds, look at my face..." Becca yelled and Uche hurriedly picked her up and ran inside, pushing Rotimi in the process and making her use her wounded hip to hit the wall.

"Ahhh!" She yelled while Sandra laughed.

"Karma hates you oh." She commented.

Hope you loved it, I'm open for suggestions, my DM is just a scroll away.

Anyways, thanks for reading and make sure to vote.

Also, 'if you think you're ugly, just know there's someone out there who's uglier than you' - by Queen Cardi, it cracks me up all the time.

Love y'all.