32: Wahala

So this chapter is about Helen, I've been thinking about giving her her own romance but it will be in another book which I will write only by the Grace of God because with my own type of laziness... Eh! But I will try ohhh, her romance will be interesting...

Helen

I was terrified! What kind of rubbish was this? Why did I even let Sandra trick me into coming here with them?

"IJ! What is this?" I asked.

"The club nau! Chill out... Ehhss! Come over here!" Ijeoma called a guy over, "give me the strongest drink in here, and you can give these two fruit juice, thanks!" She said.

"IJ, what is this?" She just rolled her eyes at me.

The guy came over with the drinks but I refused to touch mine but Sandra grabbed her juice and chugged it while laughing, "it feels like I'm drinking alcohol..." She said.

"Sandra you are not supposed to be laughing about this, I'm freaking out!" I said.

"You are acting like a teenager, it's not like you will get beaten when you get home." Ijeoma said, taking a sip of her drink before getting up while raising her brow teasingly at some guy, "look, you two can just stay here and chat but I have someone to dance with right now."

She walked to some guy and turned her back on him, he grabbed her as they danced, I turned to Sandra while sighing.

"So, since we're here, we can talk. We haven't chatted since you left for Chicago." I said.

"Hmmm I think I should go on vacation, I think I really need a some time to myself, Naomi can handle the work."

I hummed, "so how was business? With that Wale company stuff..." I asked and she stiffened, "what's up?" I took a sip from my juice.

She took a deep breath and I inched forward while sipping on my drink, "I saw him the day-before-yesterday..." She said.

If it were someone not close to her they may not know who she was talking about but I, being her best friend, definitely knew who she was talking about.

I turned my head and spurted the juice out of my mouth, on to the chair but I didn't care.

"What?! Gregory?!" I asked and she nodded, tears clouding her eyes, "oh my... Sweet Jesus! Did he do anything? What did he say?"

"He tried to apologize, and I don't know but... He was just looking at me, you know, the way a man would look at a woman. I felt trapped, scared..." I reached out to touch her arm.

"Sorry..."

"And the worst part of all, since I met him I've been questioning my feelings for James and he's just been on my mind." I pushed her off while pouring my juice all over the chair.

"Sandra! You dey drunk for fruit juice?" I asked, pushing her off. "Are you trying to tell me you still have feelings for him? After 6 years?! What happened to that your trauma or something?" I asked and she just turned her head away, deciding not to answer as she drank the juice.

"Sandra! Are you really being serious right now?" She suddenly harshly dropped the empty glass on the table.

"Do you think I can control my feelings? Do you think I still want to love him? I want to hate him but I just... Don't know why I can't!" She said, tears dropping down her cheek. I scoffed.

"You have seriously... got to be kidding right now." I said and got up, "if you want to keep loving that rapist, then fine! I'm leaving, you can call an Uber to drive you home since IJ will definitely not be stable enough to drive." I turned to look at Ijeoma who had her legs wrapped around a different guy's waist as he kissed her and grabbed her butt while walking to a secluded room, I averted my gaze and stormed out.

When I was outside, I relaxed on the wall, fuming as my chest heaved up and down.

"Hey! You, Pretty Miss, can you be my bed partner for the night?" A drunk guy slurred as he walked towards me, I pushed myself off the wall and went on my heels but he caught me and pulled me to himself.

"Don't worry, I'm very good, I'll pamper you well... I'll give you anything! Any amount, name it!" I tried pushing him off but he wouldn't budge, "don't go..." I could hear the hurt in his voice, "I'll give you anything! Anything to get in your pants!" Okay, that ruined everything.

I tried hitting him with my elbow but he twisted me so I could face him, "John?" I asked, I knew this guy! This jerk with a cute face!

He was Gregory's best friend who Ijeoma had pushed his face into the toilet when Greg left, he had also left at the end of the term.

He didn't even listen or look at my face, he just pushed me to the back of the club and pinned me to the wall. My mind was still fogged but I sure got to my senses when he started kissing me.

"John! Leave me alone!" I pushed him with all the strength I could muster but he was too heavy for me. His hands had started roaming my body when I screamed, only a few people were passing since the area was dark and those people didn't even listen to me.

Suddenly, his kisses were trailing down my collarbone when I hit him where the sun didn't shine and ran off while he screamed, into the club.

"Sandra! Sandra!" I called, panting but saw her standing behind an angry Ijeoma who held a bottle in hand while she stood in front of a bulky guy, Sandra was glaring daggers at the man and people had crowded them. "What happened?" I tried asking the boiling Sandra.

"You dey craze? Abi something dey do you for head?!" Ijeoma asked but the guy laughed.

"See, just leave here and there will be no issues..." He said, trying to push Ijeoma off, bad idea, the only advice I could give him was to run, no one wants to deal with an angry Ijeoma.

"Oya, na me go show you craze!" Ijeoma swung the bottle on the floor before it went to his forehead, "abi ear dey pain you, when I finish with you, your mama no go know you sef!" She continued swinging the bottle in the air while the lay on the floor, holding on to his eye.

I turned to see some guards walking towards us and I held her back, "IJ! There are guards! Let's leave now! They could call the police!"

"Wetin concern me? I neva finish with this werey!" She said but Sandra and I dragged her, while she screamed, "you better thank God today, I for show you sege!"

"Security! Go after them!" I heard a man say and we all ran into Ijeoma's car as she drove off.

"Wahala be like bicycle ohh..." I said and my eyes caught John sitting on the floor as he still held on his asset. I laughed.

Next update- tomorrow