33: Supermarket

Another chapter about Helen! Don't hate me. The next chapter will be back to Grendra, I promise🙋🏾. This chapter is really cute.

Helen

"Na so the idiot no hear word. I vex!" Ijeoma said, as she munched on some puff puff while narrating the incident.

I had spent the night at her's after the night at the club but Sandra left immediately after the morning. I was seated on the couch in her living room and we were gisting about last night.

"You know say you suppose learn how to control your anger." I said, rolling my eyes.

"Ehn no be you go tell me wetin I go do." She said and I sighed, shaking my head.

"Ehen! I don remember. John almost raped me yesterday!" I said and Ijeoma scrunched her brows in confusion.

"Which John? Who be John?" She asked.

"John na! That Gregory friend that time." I said and she clicked her thumb with her index finger and squinted her eyes trying to remember. I delivered a hit on her head and she suddenly nodded.

"Ah! John!"

"Na now you don remember, e never tey since we leave secondary school and you don dey forget small small things."

"Shut up first, he tried to rape you?!"

"No be wetin I talk? Na God save me cause that one don drunk that night." I said.

"Hmm he don dey learn from him friend." She said, "thank God sha!"

"Speaking of Gregory, Sandra saw him which day-" she immediately gasped, interrupting me.

"When? How?" She asked.

"Dey hear na! She said she still likes him." I completed, shaking my head in displeasure.

"Azin how? Likes who? That bastard! Wetin dey worry am?" She asked, "she don forget wetin he do?"

"I no know, and you know say she no dey hear word. Make you sha talk to am, cause me I don talk my own she no hear." I said and she murmured some things under her breath while I got up from the couch.

"Anyways, I have to go. I no dey follow una go anywhere again oh!" I said as I walked to open the door and leave. I heard her laugh resound behind the door and I shook my head and walked away.
...

I walked towards my fridge while humming a song and swinging around.

"I've got joy! Joy! Joy! Joy! Joy! Joy! Joy! Joy overflow..." I sang as I opened the fridge to pull out some food to warm up as expected, but was greeted with the sight of empty fridge.

I groaned, "ohhh! No food for this house?" I angrily asked and my roommate suddenly walked into the kitchen to wash a dirtied dish.

"Eyyyaaaa sorry oh!" She said, chuckling.

"Na you don chop everything abi?" I asked, furrowing my brows.

"No oh! Why you dey frame me like this?"

"Mtcheeew, when person dey hungry like this. Abeg make I find food chop, go buy food ingredients." I said stormed out to eat in a restaurant, maybe after that I could go to a supermarket to buy food ingredients.
...