30: I Love Him, Right?

"I... I..." I kept stuttering, I knew I was most definitely not ready for marriage. It meant I was tied to him forever and that is a big responsibility. But I loved James, right? And I wanted to spend the rest of my life with him... Right?

"James... I..." He was hurt as he knelt, still expecting my answer, "yes, I-I will." I put my hand down for him to place the ring on my finger.

He flashed a contagious smile that lit up the room as he pushed the ring into my finger. He got up and hugged me so tight.

"You really don't know how happy you've made me, Sandra. I love you so much." He said against my head and kissed it, making me giggle.

"Awwn..." The room erupted in cute sounds.

"I can't wait to spend the rest of my life with you!" He said, pulling me out and planting a kiss all over my face.

"James... Eww, don't do that." I giggled, pushing his face off.

"Let's already start planning the wedding, it'll be in five months! I'll have to talk to your parents, and you'll have to talk to mine! We'll get married and fly abroad for our honeymoon." He was so happy and that made me smile, though it didn't reach my eyes.

I wasn't ready for such a commitment, and I was just 23, marriage? That was the least on my mind but seeing as he was so happy, I just went along with it. But, there was a dull ache in my heart. I didn't know how to describe it but I knew I was seriously questioning my feelings for him and that wasn't good.
...

"Baby..." James called after me, I was laying on his chest and cuddling him while he hugged me.

"Hmm?" I hummed.

"My parents want to meet you... Next week."

"Next week?" I asked, pulling away from him and he nodded and pulled me back into his arms, patting my head.

"Yes baby, it's okay, they won't do anything to you." He said, kissing my hair.

"But-but I have three children. Do you think they'll accept me like that?"

I've never met with James' parents, he never let me see them, though he has told me the reason. He was an illegitimate child and everyone in the family despised him but step siblings.

"We will still go on with the wedding, their opinion on you doesn't matter. I only want them to know who I married, that's all." He said, "I love you."

I hugged him too, "I love you too…" But did I?

Sooo, who else misses Greg? I do!🙋🏾

And we haven't even made her forgive Greg but I already want some romance... Ohhh my poor heart.
Anyways, you'll for sure be seeing him later!😉

Next update - 1 min.