24: Birth

|W A R N I N G|
!VERY SHORT CHAPTER AHEAD!

"So they are three? Don't worry, we will raise them together." Ruth said and Sandra smiled.

"Yeh! They are three!" Ebuka said.

"Yes, two boys and a girl." Sandra replied.

"I never knew I would get grandchildren this early." He said and Ruth laughed.

Sandra suddenly frowned, "what happened now?" Ruth asked.

Sandra sighed and said, "so I will no longer go to school huh? I wanted to go to Covenant University remember? But now I'll be at home caring for three children." She said.

"You should have thought of that before letting the boy come close to you." Ebuka whispered under his breath, Sandra heard it but she didn't show it.

"It's okay, remember Austin, my brother that went to America. He has come back and it seems he has made it. He can get you into Covenant, after the pregnancy." Ruth said and Ebuka snorted.

He hadn't been on good terms with Austin since he hadn't wanted Ruth to get married to him.
...

4 months later

Sandra was chatting with Ijeoma who had just returned from school. Her stomach had grown very large and she was sitting on the chair when she got up.

"Let me go and get some water, I'm thirsty die." She said and was on her way when Ijeoma heard it.

Plong!

Her water had just broke, "I-Ijeoma! Ijeoma! Get me to the hospital!!" Sandra screamed.

She didn't understand, they were due in a month or so, why did they come prematurely?
...

"Congratulations, she has delivered two healthy baby boys and a girl..." The doctor said and Ruth immediately ran to hug her husband.

"Thank God!" She screamed.

"But!" The doctor interrupted, "the girl child will need to be in an incubator for another month to complete the nine months period. She is currently in the incubator but money needs to be paid to complete it." He said, "and... She lost a lot of blood during the delivery so we will need to buy blood bags to carry her through. There was also a complication during the delivery that may have left the patient's womb damaged. We need to operate on it to get the womb out right away-"

"That also costs money." Ruth completed.

"Yes ma'am, thank you for understanding." The doctor said.

What do you think? I finally ended this period. And sorry to those of you who thought the delivery was going to go great (not being rude rn, pls know) but I wanted my story to be realistic and in reality, not everyone gets a happy ending... But this isn't the ending of the story!

Next chapter's gonna be a fast-forward. Hope you loved this one.

Thanks for reading.
Love y'all.
X0X0
-TCA