10: Rebecca🙎🏻‍♀️

Dedicated to Lydianriver123

Had this angel drop by in my DM's section asking for a new chapter and complimenting me, so this is for her. Thank you so much! Make sure to vote!

"Where did you get this girl from?" Uche asked Helen as she scanned Sandra who looked down in shame, "and you said she was pregnant, at this age? Was she a prostitute? Where did she get pregnancy from?"

"Aunty-" Helen tried to stop her but she looked to Sandra.

"See, I have a daughter and I don't want her to get influenced badly oh. I'm sorry but I cannot hire her." She said.

"Just give her a chance, she is not a prostitute. In fact, she is the best student in the whole of Senior Secondary school, you know the Sandra I was talking to you about before, she is the one-"

"If she is really the one, how did she get pregnant? Doesn't that prove she has been following boys?"

"No... She was..." Helen looked to Sandra who was visibly shaking as tears clouded her vision, "she was raped."

Uche gasped, "and she didn't report to the police? That is just a cover up story."

"Aunty I will tell you the details later but Sandra is actually a very good and hardworking girl, just help her for now and when she can stand her ground then she'll leave."

Uche contemplated it in her heart, "oya, bring the rice, let me have a taste." She said and Sandra hurried to the kitchen to bring a plate full of delicious jollof rice and she placed it on the table next to Uche.

"It tastes good... I guess." She said, eyeing Sandra, "where did you learn how to cook?"

"Where else? Isn't it her mother that will teach her?" Helen laughed.

"Your cooking skills are fantastic, I will think about giving you the job." She said.

"Aunty what do you need to think about again? You have tasted the food already." Helen said

"Helen, you don't know the responsibility put into my hands to take care of a pregnant girl, what if anything happens to her? It would be put on me."

"Nothing will happen to her. Aunty, just give her the job, she needs assistance for now." Helen said.

"Hmmm... Oya, fine." Sandra immediately knelt in front of her.

"Thank you so much ma, God will bless you. Thank you."

"Get up jare, what are you doing on the floor?" Uche said and Sandra got up, "your salary will be thirty thousand Naira per month, don't expect anything more. After all, we are supplying you accomodations and feeding. You can start tomorrow while you move your things in today."

"See, I know you are my aunty." Helen said.

"It's because of Chinyere here that I accepted you. Where are your bags? I have somewhere to be in an hour, oya get your stuff into my trunk immediately." She said and picked her phone out of her handbag to make a call while hurrying outside.

Helen helped Sandra put her bags in the trunk and waved her goodbye.
...

"Frank, this is Sandra, she is the new cook." Uche said to the man standing in front of the gate.

"Ah! Madam don bring new cook. Where you come from?" He asked Sandra.

"Ehn?"

"Which place you come from nah?"