13: Birthday🎂🥳

It was a Friday, Sandra's birthday to be specific.

Things had gone the exact it had the last time. She had now become a pushover and a cleaner while Rotimi just chilled.

"Where are you going?" Rotimi asked from where she was sitting and Sandra groaned.

"Abeg Timi, I'm sorry I just need to get something from outside." Sandra said and Rotimi laughed and got up to walk up to her.

The ringing of Sandra's ears and the stinging of her cheek was what told her that yes, she had actually been slapped.

"Shè you are mad abi?! Am I your mate? Who is 'Timi'?! Ogbeni will you get back to cleaning the basement. Nonsense." Rotimi hissed and turned to walk back to the couch.

Sandra still stood in shock, holding on to her cheek when Rotimi turned to her, "abi you are a coward ni? Be standing there like luku-mon and receive another slap."

Sandra, glaring at her, walked to the basement to clean it up when Rotimi walked in, holding a pair of big boots.

She dusted it on the floor Sandra had just swept before throwing it across the room.

Sandra hissed and returned to cleaning when she came again when Sandra was mopping and 'mistakenly' flipped the bucket full of dirty soap water over, making it pour everywhere.
...

Finally, Sandra was done mopping and she headed to her quarters to clean up and picked up some money to go buy something.

Returning with some cupcakes on her hand, Frank welcomed her.

"Why you go buy sweet?" He asked and she smiled at him.

"Today is my birthday." She replied

"Ehhh happy bai-day ehn. Wetin you go gi me nau?"

"No be you supposed give me something?" She laughed.

"Oh before I go forget. Small madam dey find you oh, her face don squeeze when she dey call your name, better go see am."

Sandra hurriedly rushed into the house and headed for the kitchen to drop her cupcakes when Rebecca stormed in.

"Where did you go?! Ehn?" She asked and Sandra was left stuttering, "fool, you cannot even answer. Such an idiot."

Rebecca was about to approach her when she suddenly turned around, "get me a glass of water."

Sandra complied and ran back to the kitchen while holding to her beating chest. She looked at the cupcakes and smiled.

"Keep the glass back, I'm going up." Rebecca screamed from the living room and Sandra peeped to see her nowhere in sight and she opened the box of cupcakes and pulled one out.

"Happy birthday to me... Happy birthday to me... Happy birthday to meeee... I happy birthday to me. Many more years to come, long life and prosperity..." She was still whispering her wishes with her eyes closed when she heard a shrill voice.

"Who gave you money to buy cake?" Becca asked.

She stared at Rebecca and composed herself, "I used my money."

"Today is your birthday hmm?" Becca asked while approaching her and she smiled.

"Yeah."

"And you can celebrate it!" With that, Becca grabbed the cake and slammed it into her face before pushing her to the floor while laughing, "idiot! Thanks for the cake." She said while taking the box of the other cupcakes with her, "happy birthday... Hahahaha mumu..."
...

Rotimi walked into the kitchen some minutes later to see Sandra sulking on the floor with a face full of cake.

"What happened?" She asked and Sandra pulled her head up to look at her and suddenly hissed.

"What do you want too?" Sandra asked.

"You have grown wings now right? Rubbish!" Rotimi carried the turning-garri and used it to hit Sandra.

"Leave me alone!" Sandra said and pulled the turning-garri which she didn't let go of, and used it to swing her off, making Rotimi hit her hip on the gas cooker.

"Ahhh!" She got up and ran off, holding on to her hip bone. "E dey pain me ohhh." She groaned.

Sandra, still with tears and cake around her face, walked out of the house to head to her quarters when she stumbled into Frank.

"I been don dey come check wetin happen wey una dey shout like- ah! Sister Sandra, wetin do your face?" He asked.

Sandra bit her lip to prevent herself from bursting into tears, "my cake... my birthday-my..." Her resistance came crashing down and she sobbed, "why?! Why did I have to get pregnant?! Why is everything happening to me?! Why?!"

Frank patted her back, "e do... E don do... Sorry, ehhh! Why small madam and Roti do this one na? Hmmm make we tell madam."

"You think madam doesn't know? She knows what Rebecca did the last time but she accepted it when Timi took the blame." Sandra said and Frank pat her back.

"Sorry, oya take this one take do bai-day. Na small one wey person dash me today." Frank said and pulled a one-thousand Naira note from his pocket.

Sandra sobbed again, "th-thank you." She said and took it.

"E don do, sorry iye? Pele." Frank said.

So what do you think of Frank?

What about Rotimi and Rebecca, the two witches?

Anyways, thanks for reading and please vote, to ginger me small ehn... Thank you, I love una- *cough cough*

Yeh! Early morning dirty don enter my mouth.