Chapter 17

•Tori's POV•

I was applying some finishing touches when I heard the a knock at the door. I quickly sprayed on some perfume so I wouldn't smell. I grabbed my purse and keys and quickly ran down stairs. I caught my breathe back.

"Heyy Ashton." I smiled. "Hey- wow Tori, you look amazing." Ashton said. I could feel my cheeks burn red. "Thank you, you look good yourself." I replied. "Good?" He smirked. "Oh shut it. You know you're hot." My eyes went wide as I realised what I just said. "You think I'm hot?" Ashton raised his eyebrow. My cheeks were never going to go back to normal now. "Sorry, I just, well, you're just. Oh I'm just embarrassing myself now." I covered my cheeks.

He reached over and lifted my hands away. "Don't. You're not embarrassing yourself." He replied. I smiled and followed him out.

"So where are we going?" I asked. "I don't know." He said blankly. Did I hear him correctly. "What?" I was shocked. "I'm kidding Tori." He laughed. I let out an awkward laugh. "That was a dumb joke wasn't it?" Ashton said nervously. "I'm not going to lie, it was bad." I giggled which caused Ashton to smile. "But don't worry I've heard worse from Luke." I laughed.

"You've been out with him before? Ashton frowned. "No, not out, just hanging out, and since he's an awkward little boy he used to say the most cheesiest lines ever." I answered. "Do you know why?" Ashton said quietly. "Not really. I just assumed that he was a shy person. I replied. Ashton smiled and held onto my hand.

"Sorry for that dumb joke. I'm just really nervous." He said. "You don't have to be nervous Ashton, it's just me." I smiled. "I know. Now let's get going." Ashton began to run. He pulled me along. "Why are we running?" I laughed. "Why not?" He smirked. "Well, it's making my, never mind." I blushed and stopped running. "Making what?" He asked. "Doesn't matter." I said. "So where were we running to?" I asked to change the subject. "Here." He pointed. It was a cute little cafe.

"We could have got the bus." I giggled. "That would be boring. Besides, got here faster." He stated. "Faster?" I said in confusion. "So I can spend more time with you inside." He tucked a piece of my hair behind my ear. "You're so weird Ash." I poked his cheek. "Ash?" He smiled. "Yeah." I smiled back. "I like that." He replied. "We better get inside." I held onto Ashton's hand.

We walked inside and sat near the window. "What would you like?" Ashton asked me. "Um, hot chocolate please." I smiled. "Okay." He smiled and walked towards the counter. This was a nice little cafe. I used to come here a lot, but I just stopped coming after me and Luke went our ways.

"It will be ready in 10 minutes." Ashton sat across from me. "Okay." I replied. "So tell me about yourself Tori." Ashton asked. "What would you like to know?" I asked. "Anything." Ashton giggled. "You have a cute laugh." I pointed out. "Really? I hate it, I sound like a girl, even though I'm a man." Ashton spoke.

"So why did you decide to ask me out?" I smirked. "Because I had a really nice time when we went to the movies, and you're really nice and sweet, and I wanted to get to know you more." Ashton blushed. "You're so sweet Ashton." I smiled at him.

"You're coffee and hot chocolate sir." The waitress handed the drink so Ashton. He said thanks and passed the hot chocolate towards me. "I'm still shocked." Ashton blurted out. I gave him a confused look. "Why are you shocked for?" I asked. "I just, it doesn't matter." Ashton sipped his coffee. "No. Tell me." I whined. Which caused Ashton to duck his head from embarrassment. I laughed and continued to be wired. "I'm not going to stop until you tell me." I said in a weird voice. "You're so weird Tori." Ashton laughed. I crossed my eyes in response.

"Okay. Okay, I'll tell you." Ashton put his hand in defeat. "I thought you had a thing for Luke. And I was so surprised that you agreed to go out with me." Ashton said which caused me to choke on my hot chocolate. "Y-you thought I had a thing for Luke, why?" I asked in response. "Because you've known him longer." He blushed.

"Ashton. I don't like Luke in that way." I pointed out. I sipped my hot chocolate. I placed my cup down and Ashton started to laugh. "What?" I asked. He just laughed even more. "What?" I repeated again. "You have a chocolate stash." Ashton laughed. My eyes went wide. "Oh my gosh." I quickly got a paper towel and whipped it off my face.

-

"Thanks for tonight Ashton. I had a really nice time." I hugged him. "It's okay, I had a great time tonight." Ashton leaned in and expected me to kiss him, but I don't kiss on the first date. So I hugged him again. "Would you like to go out with me again next Friday?" Ashton asked nervously. "A second date? I haven't weirded you out yet?" I raised my eyebrow. "Nope, you're really fun to hang out with." Ashton replied back. "Of course." I replied back. "Goodnight Ash." I waved off. "Goodnight Tori." Ashton waved back and walked away.

I stood there still shocked. I actually didn't scare him away with my weirdness. I walked in and saw a note left on the counter.

Tori,
Me, Dad, and the Hemmings have gone out for the night. There's left over food in the oven.
Love mum x

I placed the note back down and went to the oven. It was pizza. I placed a few slices onto my plate and sat out on the garden as it was still light outside, and it bears staying in a stuffy house. I got my phone and looked through Twitter. Nothing interesting was on.

"How was your date?" I heard a voice. I turned around and saw Luke. I motioned my arms for him to come round. He smiled and climbed over the fence. But failed and landed on the floor. I laughed as it was so funny. I walked over and reached my hand out to help him. "Are you okay Luke? I mean you landed pretty hard." I giggled. "Yeah, I'm fine. Wasn't expecting to fall." He reached my hand and I helped him up. "It's because of your 10ft legs." I laughed. "I'm not that tall Tori." Luke defended himself. "Are you blind? I'm below your shoulders Luke. You're a giant." I stated. "No, you're just small." Luke tapped my head.

"What happen to the days when I was taller than you." I shook my head. "That was before puberty my friend." Luke laughed. "Do you want some pizza? My mum made some and left it." I asked. "Sure!" Luke ran over and ate my pizza. "I actually meant your own slice." I giggled and went back in to get some more.

"Sowwry." Luke said with a mouthful of pizza. I laughed and sat down with Luke. "It's okay." I giggled. "So Tori." Luke sighed. "Yes LuLu?" I smirked. He rolled his eyes. I knew that name annoys him, but it's too funny not to call him that.

"How was your, you know, date?" He hesitated on the word date. "It was good." I continued eating my pizza. He pulled my hand away. "Just good?" He raised his eyebrow. "Why do you want to know?" I smirked. "Can't a friend know." He stated. "It was a relaxing date. But it was amazing though." I could feel myself smiling.

"Do you like him?" Luke asked. I froze and placed my pizza down. "What?" I asked. "Do you like Ashton?" He asked. "I don't know." I stated. "You do! You're blushing." Luke frowned. Why was he frowning for? "I don't know if I do Luke. Because he was really sweet and all, but at the end of the date he leaned in for a kiss and-"

"You didn't kiss him did you?" Luke's voice raised up. "No I didn't, I don't kiss on the first date." I defended myself. "Oh." Luke regretted raising his voice. "Tell me what happened." Luke smiled weakly.

"Well we ran to the cafe." I rolled my eyes. "You ran? Why? And what cafe?" Luke asked. "He wanted to get there quicker, and me being an idiot, I almost told him what happened when I ran. And the cafe we used to go to." I ate a piece of pizza. "What did you almost tell him?" Luke asked. "I wasn't expecting to run. So, you know." I pointed down and Luke's eyes went wide. "Yep. It's a good thing I stopped before I told Ashton." I laughed. I think Luke was still shocked. "Luke? Are you okay?" I giggled. He nodded.

"So we just talked and got to know each other more. And he asked me out on another date next Friday." I finished the last bite on of pizza. "What?" Luke snapped. "What?" I asked. "He asked you out again? Why?" Luke said angrily. "I asked myself that very question Luke. And don't get angry." I tried to calm him down. "Do you know why Ashton told me?" I said. "What?" Luke huffed. "Ashton said that he was shocked because I thought I had a thing for you because I've known you longer." I stated. "So what did you say?" Luke asked. "No." I sighed. Luke nodded and went quiet. "I won't go out with Ashton, Luke." I placed my hand on his shoulder. "W-what?" He stuttered. "I'm not stupid Luke." I stated. "Y-you know?" Luke panicked. "I won't go out with him because he's one of your closest friends." I replied.