Chapter 18

•Luke's POV•

I actually thought Tori knew that I had little feelings for her.

"You don't have to do that Tori. If you like Ashton, then go for it. It doesn't matter if he's one of my closest friends." I stated. Tori smiled really wide. "Really?" She asked. I paused for a while. She's basically asking for my permission if she can go out with him. But I shouldn't stop her just because of my stupid feelings, which I'll get over eventually.

"Of course Tori. I see the way Ashton looks at you. Let's just say he's one lucky guy." I pointed out. "Thanks Luke." Tori came up to me and gave me a big hug. "It's okay Tori." I hugged her back. "I better get going." I let go of her. "Why?" She asked. "My, uh, my mum wants me home early." I lied. "Luke. Both of our parents are out." She placed her hands on her hips. "I, uh, I forgot." I'm such a bad liar. "You're such a bad liar LuLu." Tori giggled. Her giggle always makes me smile. "What are you smiling about LuLu?" Tori came towards me and looked up into my eyes. "Nothing." I smiled again. "It's so not nothing Luke." Tori replied.

"Seriously Tori, it's nothing." I hid my smile. "If you say so LuLu." Tori crossed her eyes. "You should stop doing that, otherwise your eyes will go weird." I tapped her nose. She stopped and let her eyes go back to normal. "Let's do something." Tori jumped up and held onto my hand and ran into her house. When she held onto my hand I could feel something from her touch.

"Like what?" I asked. "Movie night?" She raised her eyebrow. "Sure." I smiled widely. "And you have to tell me why you're all smiley for." She poked my cheek. "I'm not smiling." I lied again. "Stop talking crap Luke." She smirked.

"What film?" I asked to get her mind off things. "I don't mind, you can pick a film. Do you remember where the films are?" She said whilst walking into the kitchen. "Yeah, and where are you going?" I asked. "Getting snacks." She relied back.

I opened the film rack and there were a lot of films to pick. Tori is still the same girl who would spend hours watching films. I picked out an old film that we always used to watch. I placed it into the DVD player and waited for Tori to get back.

She placed the food down on the table in front of us and she jumped and sat down next to me. "So what film did you pick?" She leaned next to me. "You'll see." I placed my arm around her. She went stiff. I'm an idiot, so I quickly placed my arm off her. "You're so awkward Luke." She giggled. Crap, she noticed.

"Oh my gosh! I haven't seen this film in years." Tori was shocked. "Same." I smiled back. "Do you remember that we used to watch this movie like every month when we used to stay round mine?" She smiled and looked up at me. I nodded to her response. "What made you decide to watch this film?" She asked. "We haven't watched it together for a while." I said honestly.

"So LuLu?" Tori blurted out.

"So ToTo?" He smirked.

"Oh god, really, ToTo?" She giggled.

"Yepp!" I laughed.

"Stop destracting me." She slightly pushed my arm. "I need to ask you something." She sat up and faced me. "Go on." I looked back at her. "So Lucas, what's with all this smiling? It's sweet but scary at the same time." She giggled.

"Well Victoria, I've just been happy, that's all." I stated. She had a blank expression on her face. "You called me Victoria, ew." She pretended to be sick. "Well that is your full name silly." I laughed. "I hate it." She replied back. "Well my full name isn't Lucas." I smirked. "I know butt head, I'm just messing. So, there must be a reason to why you've been extra happy recently?" She stated.

"Nope. Just smiling to put a smile on your face." I replied. She gave me a weird look and went back to the film. I've had this question in the back of my mind for ages, I was going to ask Ashton this, but I haven't hung out with him yet, so I might ask Tori the same question. "Tori." I tapped her shoulder. "Yes Luke." She paused the film. Great, I would rather ask her whilst the film is playing so she might not fully hear what I'm saying. "Can I ask you something?" I said shyly. "Of course Luke." She replied. "What do you see in Ashton?" I said straight up. I saw her cheeks go red. "W-what?" She paused. "Do you like him?" I asked. "Of course I like him Luke." She replied. I nodded and didn't say anything.

"Why?" She asked. "I was just wondering." I replied. "Don't tell Ashton please." She giggled. "I thought you two are going out?" I said bluntly. "No. That was just a date, we have a second date on Friday. I'm surprised I didn't scare him from my weirdness." Tori said. "We're all weird Tori." I said bluntly and I paused. "We're?" She paused the film again.

I quickly grabbed the remote and played the film. "Luke." She said sternly. I paused the film. "What are you on about?" She asked. "Nothing. I'm just being myself. You know, the awkward kid." I raised my shoulders up. "You're so weird Luke." She replied.

-

"Why would Patrick do that?" Tori said loudly. "It's Patrick, Tori. It's something that he's likely to do." I stated. "All these years, Patrick has been a complete idiot, yet SpongeBob is still friends with him." Tori said. "That's what good friendship are like." I replied. She pause the film again."I have something to ask." She said.

I nodded to show that I'm listening.

"I know it's pushed passed us and it's in the past now, but, but why did you forget me? Why did you say those horrid things and just ignored me for a year? Did I do something?" She frowned. I placed my hand and gently placed it on her cheek. "Because I was an idiot." Was all I said. She held onto my hand and looked into my eyes. "That's not a reason Luke." She looked away and sighed. "That is the reason Tori." I replied but without looking into her eyes.

"Did you know I had a crush on you? Is that why you were mean?" Tori looked up at me and my eyes went wide. Tori. The Tori had a crush on me this whole time. "You had a crush on me?" I was shocked. But I tried to hide my emotions. "Yeah, I made it so damn obvious Luke. Didn't you know?" She raised her eyebrow. I shook my head. I don't know if this was the right time to tell Tori that I had a crush on her then and now. "So you didn't know that I liked you?" Tori's cheeks went red. "Oh god, that's embarrassing." Tori covered her face with embarrassment. "I had know idea Tori." I placed my hands on top of hers and moved it away from her face. "This doesn't make anything weird between us, right?" I could tell Tori feels embarrassed. "No Tori. It doesn't. It's not like you still do right?" I had a little hope that she might have the same feelings as I do. But I was wrong.

"Oh no. Since that day when you said those things it was tragic and heartbreaking. You were the longest crush that I ever had, and I thought you found out, and that's what I thought was the real reason to why you said those things and wanted to end our friendship. And it showed me who you really were and I forced myself to not like you anymore." It's as if she got rid of the weight off of her shoulder. It's like she was containing that information for so long.

"I didn't know you felt like that Tori." I sighed. She nodded slowly. "Why didn't you tell me?" I asked. "I didn't tell you because I didn't want to ruin our friendship Luke." Tori played the film showing that the conversation was over. "But I did." I spoke up. "What?" Tori turned around and looked straight at me.

Shit. "I ruined the friendship." I covered up. I thought by the first outburst she would have thought that I liked her too, but clearly she didn't. "Oh." Was all Tori said and continued playing the film.