Chapter 21

•Tori's POV•

"Are you sure Luke's there?" I laughed awkwardly. I can't believe Ashton put me on speaker. Luke must have heard our conversation, even though nothing bad was mentioned. "Yeah. He just smiled when you said hi and just left." Ashton said.

"He just left?" That's weird. Luke has been acting very weird lately. "I think I know why." Ashton sighed. "Why?" I asked. "Oh it's nothing." Ashton quickly replied. I think it's not nothing. There is something. But I'll just ask Luke later.

"I'll let you and Luke hang out. I'll see you on Friday. Bye Ashton." I smiled. "Bye Tori. See you then." He replied and ending the call.

"Tori can you come down here please." Mum yelled from downstairs. What does she want now?

I quickly made my way downstairs to see what my mum wanted. "Yeah?" I asked. "Just to let you know your cousins are coming round on Friday." Mum reminded. "I know. They're only here till four, right?" I asked worriedly. "No. They're staying over remember. Because the next day it's Aunt Sandra's birthday meal." Mums voice rose louder. "No." I said with frustration.

"Why? Got plans?" Mum said in a mocking tone. "Yes. Yes I do." I shot back. "Well you can't go." Mum folded her arms. "You don't even know what I'm doing, and you're already saying I can't go. Mum, I'm eighteen. I'm pretty sure I can go out without your permission." I rolled my eyes. Mum looked at me with disgust.

"Don't talk to your mother like that Victoria." I hate it when she uses my full name. "Just because you're eighteen doesn't give you the right to treat me like scum." Mum shouted. "How am I treating you like scum? I'm just stating the obvious. And how come Dan can go out when ever he pleases, but for me, I can't? We're the same age, he's only like a few minutes older than me!" I yell even louder.

"I said no Tori. And that's final. You're staying here with your cousins." Mum walked away.
I decided to not argue back. I just stormed off into the garden to calm down. Why was she being so difficult for?

I laid down on the grass and looked up into the sky. It was relaxing as the whiteness of the clouds slowly passed by with the many tones of blue carefully balancing out the sky. I started to think things out in my head. I kind of over reacted as it is only a date. And Ashton did say that we could change the date. It's just the way my mum still treats me like a kid.

"Why are you laying on the grass for?" I heard a voice break my train of thought. I looked up and saw Luke smiling at me. I patted next to me to signal Luke to come over. I watched Luke awkwardly climb over the fence. As he was about to climb over, his foot got caught in the fence which caused Luke to trip. I couldn't help by let my laugh out. "You're so clumsy Luke." I laughed through each word. He just went red. "Aw, is little LuLu embarrassed." I mocked. "No." He covered his cheeks with his hands.

He quickly got himself up and came and sat next to me. "So are you going to answer my question?" He giggled. "Aw. You still have that cute little giggle of yours." I poked his cheek. "Shut up! I do not." He whined. "Oh yes you do. It still sounds the same. That's one of the things I liked you for." I said truthfully. He had this cute giggle which causes you to laugh along with him and would automatically stop laughing because he's shy about his laugh, which I don't know why because it's funny.

"You liked my giggle?" He moved his eyebrows up and down really fast causing me to laugh. That was his weird talent that he could do. We sat down one day after school and he asked what was my weirdest talent, and at the time, being a nine years old, I had know idea. I told him I didn't know, and he goes and shows me his and I bursted into tears of laughter. Then we continued to find my weird talent, which was later to be me being able to move my ears.

I nodded to his response. "And I'm here because me and my mum had a fall out." I sighed. He scooted closer and laid down next to me. "What happened?" He asked out of curiosity. "I knew that my family were coming over, so I asked mum what time they were leaving and she said that they were staying over. I was annoyed and told her I had plans, and she just started shouting at me. I mean, she lets Dan out, and he's the same age as me." I scrunched my hands in my hair.

"That's not fair." Luke responded. "Tell me about it." I sighed. "But I do feel like I did over react. I mean, it's just a date and Ashton did say we could change." I said with confusion. Luke didn't reply. I turned to look at him and he was just staring at me. "What?" I laughed awkwardly. "Nothing." He smiled and looked back up to the sky.

"Luke." I spoke breaking the silence. I turned to my side and so did Luke and we both looked at each other. "Yes Tori?" He replied. "What happened earlier?" I want to know what's going on because Ashton know something about Luke and I just want to know out of curiosity.

"What do you mean?" He looked confused. "You know. When Ashton was round, and I was on speaker phone, and you just, you know, left." I said. His mood seem to drop when I mentioned about it. "Nothing." He snapped and got up and started go climb over the fence. "W-where are you going?" I said nervously. "Away from you." She shot back and jumped over. I sat there in shock. "What the hell Luke?!" I yelled but he didn't turn around. He just walked and slammed his door.

I sat there and his words played over and over again in my head. Away from you. What did I even do to him? All I did was ask a freakin' question. I was over thinking to much which caused a few tears to escape my eyes. I decided to text Ashton to let him know that the plans have changed.

To: Ashton Irwin
Hey, could we change the date on Friday? My cousins are staying round and I can't go out :( x

I saw some tears on my phone and wiped them away and got my hands and wiped the tears away from my eyes. I looked up and saw Luke. He was just watching me. I felt more tears coming now. Great.

He placed his hand on the window and just watched me. I couldn't take it no more. I stood up and went back into my house. I walked in and mum was sat on the kitchen counter. "Tori can I- honey what's wrong?" Mum changed to a softer tone and hugged me. I shook my head notifying her that I didn't want to talk. "Is it because of me?" Mum asked. I shook my head. "Your plans?" She asked. I shook my head again. "Then what honey?" Mum rubs my back. "It's nothing mum. But thank you." I kissed her cheek and smiled weakly.

"You know I'm here if you ever need me Tori." Mum smiled. I smiled back and walked up to my room and laid in my bed. I looked at my phone and saw I got a message back from Ashton.

From: Ashton Irwin
Hey, it's okay, we can go out another time :) x

"You okay?" I looked up and saw Dan poking his head through the door. "Y-yeah. Why wouldn't I be?" I replied. "Mum told me what happened." He came in an shut the door. "I didn't tell mum what happened." I scrunched my eyes with confusion. "She told me that you were crying." Dan frowned. "I was." I sighed. "Why?" Dan came and gave me a hug. "I'm just really emotional at the moment." I placed my hands on my temple.

"That time of the month I see." Dan joked. I gently whacked his arm and laughed.
"That's what I want to see. Happy Tori." Dan smiled. "You're and idiot Dan." I rolled my eyes. "Do you mind if I ask to why you were crying?" Dan queried. "Luke." I said quietly. "What did he do now?" Dan said a little too loud which startled me.

"We were just laying on the grass and I asked him what happened early with him and Ashton. Then the idiot gets up an leaves. I asked him where he's going, and he said away from you." I started to cry again. "We just got back to the way we used to be, and goes and says that. It hurts you know." I tried to control my tears now.

Dan hugged me tightly. "He's an idiot." Was all Dan could say. "But it's so frustrating Daniel because ugh, I don't know." I stopped crying now.

"It seems to me that you have feelings for little Lucas." Dan smirked. I paused. I cannot have feelings for Luke. I just can't. Can I?

"I can't Dan. I just can't." I sighed. "Why not Tori? You and Luke have been friends for so damn long. I'm not surprised if you two do end up together." Dan stated. "Daniel! I don't want to like him. I've liked him before and he broke my heart without even knowing it. I promised myself that I wouldn't fall for Luke again, but somehow there's a little bit of him in the back of my mind. But then there's Ashton who's the most sweetest guy I have ever met." I explained. Dan coughed. "Okay you're the sweetest, but Ashton is different. But somehow Luke makes it so hard. I just don't even know anymore Daniel." I use his full name when I am either angry or in need of help. And help is what I need at this time of day.