Prologue.

Ever since I was little, I always thought promises were forever. I thought that nothing in the world could break a promise. But when I was a kid, I didn't really understand the meaning of promise.

I thought that once you make a promise, you can't break it. I was wrong.

1 year ago•

"Luke! Come back here!" I yelled whilst running towards him. It didn't help that he was running away from me.

"Never!" Luke said in a posh accent.

"You're so weird LuLu!" I laughed.

"Don't call me that!" Luke whined. He really hates it when I call him that. I e been calling him that for as long as I can remember.

"Why not, LuLu?" I said tauntingly.

He didn't answer my question. "If you don't stop calling me that, then I'll do what you hate the most!" Luke said as he stopped running.

"You wouldn't dare?" I said whilst walking towards Luke. I know him. He's too chicken to actually do what I think he's planning on doing.

"Tori, you should know me by now." Luke smirked.

Luke started laughing, next thing I knew, Luke came running towards me and started lifting me up.

"Luke put me down! I hate being picked up!" I said whilst trying to get out of his grip. When did this boy have strength? He ran whilst carrying me back to his front garden. "Luke put me down!" I protested. "Fine." He said, and he placed me down, but that wasn't the end of it. Just as I was about to say thank you, he started tickling me. He knew that was my weakness.

"Luke..stop..that..I..hate..being..tickled!" I said laughing through each breath. "In one condition Tori?" Luke said evilly, but he started to laugh. "What?" I said whilst pushing his hands away from me. "Say that I'm the best, and you're not!?" He said whilst getting his hands ready to tickle me. "Haha, okay. IM THE BEST, AND YOU'RE NOT!" I shouted.

"Wrong!" Luke yelled and continued to tickle me. "Hey, that's not fair LuLu." I said.

"Fine, I'll stop tickling you, if, if you stop calling me LuLu? Deal?" Luke said whilst putting his hand out. I stuck my pinky out. "Promise." I said. He stopped tickling me. "Thanks KeKe." I said whilst laughing. "Tori, that's even worse than LuLu!" Luke sighed. "Tough." I said whilst laughing. I love winding Luke up.

We were just laying down in his garden, just staring into the sky. I looked over at Luke. He had a worried look on his face. I could tell that something was up.

"Uhm Tori?" Luke said quietly. Oh no, from that tone, I knew something was wrong. "What's wrong?" I asked quickly. "I-I'm going on tour." Luke said whilst looking at the grass. Oh, that's not that bad. I knew he started his little band and they've been around Australia for a while. I'm really proud that they've been recognised and are now going on tour.

"Luke, that's amazing, little KeKe is goin-" he cut me off before I could finish. "For six months." Luke said sadly. What? I sat there frozen. I didn't know how to react. I knew by going on tour that it would be for a while, but I didn't know it would be for that long.

"Uhm, that's great, you finally get to live your dream Luke." I said whilst looking at him. "When do you leave?" I asked, but now I regret asking. He looked into my eyes. He took a deep sigh. "I leave tomorrow."

I was shocked. Why did he decide to tell me now? "Oh." I said sadly. I had nothing else to say. All I know is that I won't be seeing my best friend for nearly half a year. That is too long. But I can't stop him, it's his dream.

"It's going to be weird not having my best friend around." I said whilst picking daisys from the ground. "I know, I didn't know how to tell you, but, I li-" Luke was going to say something else, but he stopped. "Don't be sad Tori, I'll call you, and you can call me, I promise." Luke said whilst giving me a hug. "You promise?" I said sadly. "I promise Tori." Luke said whilst hugging me.

But I found out that promises were made to be broken.