Chapter 26

•Daniel's POV•

I know Tori cares about Luke. She always has. She just never admits it. I know my own sister. I know when she cares for someone, and when she hides her emotions. I can read her like a book.

I placed my phone in my pocket and walked downstairs. "Where are you going Daniel?" Mum asked. "Next door." I said whilst picking up the keys and walked out. I hope Luke is in, otherwise it will be weird for me to go round and he's not there.

I knocked on the door and I heard talking, sounded like Luke's mum. The door opened and I saw Luke's mum. "Hi Daniel, how are you?" She asked. "I'm good thank you, how are you?" I replied to be polite. "I'm good thank you." She smiled. "Is uh, is Luke in?" I asked. She gave a frown and nodded. "He's been really quiet lately. He's up in his room." She let me in.

I walked upstairs and knocked into his door. The was no reply. I knocked a little louder so that he could hear me. Still nothing. I then slowly opened the door and I walked into a dark room. His curtains were drawn shut. I walked over to the curtains and opened them.

Once I did, I looked over to see a broken Luke. He had a blank face. I couldn't read him. "You okay Luke?" I asked whilst pulling out a chair from his desk. No reply.

"You know everyone is worried." I pointed out. "Not everyone." He peeped out. I looked up at him and saw him sitting up from his bed. "She's worried you know." I pointed out. "No she's not." He stood up. "How do you know?" I asked. "I think I know my best friend- I mean friend." He sighed. "She's changed Luke. She's not the same girl you used to remember. I know for a fact she cares for you. She just doesn't show it. She's good at hiding her emotions." I replied.

"I don't care Daniel. She's moved on, and so have I. You don't have to check up on me, and tell the guys to stop worrying about me. I'm 18." Luke got up. "Luke, I wasn't the one to come here. Tori asked me to check up on you." I told him. I notice Luke stopped walking. He was just standing by the door.

"S-she asked?" He turned around and looked confused. I nodded. "You're lying." Luke said. "I promise I'm not. If you come over and ask she'll tell the truth." I suggested. Luke shook his head. "Why not?" I asked. "Because I made Tori a promise. A promise to stay away from her." Luke said.

"You two are both blind. You both clearly like each other. Why don't you just admit it?" I asked. "We have Daniel. But Tori won't believe me. She thinks that just because she said it, that I only said it to make her happy, when that's not true." Luke said with frustration. "I'm not the one to be telling this to. Talk to her. She'll forgive you, you know." I smiled and got up. "Are you sure?" Luke asked. "Dude, I just said it's fine." I laughed.

"But earlier I threw a out a piece of paper to Tori because I was watching her from my window-"

"Dude! You was watching her?!" I shouted. "No! If you let me finish it won't make me sound like a weirdo." Luke continued. I nodded my head to let Luke proceed with what he was saying.

"I went to go shut my curtains and I noticed Tori and your mum doing the garden. My window was open and I heard one of my bands song being played, and Tori said it was crap. So I wrote a note on a piece of paper and threw it to her. She opened it but just scrunched it and went back in." Luke said quickly.

"Luke, trust me, I know my sister. She'll come around." I patted Luke's back. "Okay, but if she starts yelling at me, you're dead." Luke tried to act tough. "Oh please Luke, you can't even open a jar of Vegemite." I laughed. I saw Luke go red and laughed even more. "They're really tight." Luke said quietly as we went back to mine.

We walked up to the door. "Wait, I think this is a mistake. I made a promise and I need to show Tori that I can make a promise again." Luke stated. "Shut up Luke. You both like each other, what's the worst that could happen?" I asked. "That me or Tori could say the wrong things and ruin our friendship completely." Luke looked down at his feet.

I stayed quiet and opened the door. We walked in and I saw mum giving a look towards Luke. It was the 'I'm judging you' look. Luke just kept his head down and followed me upstairs. "Don't worry Luke. My mum likes you, she's just annoyed, that's all." I tried to lighten up the mood.

I knocked on Tori's door an heard her telling me to come in. "Don't get mad okay?" I said. "Why would I get mad at you Dan? You haven't done nothing wrong." Tori giggled. "I'm going to let someone in and I'm going to go. Bye." I said quickly and ran out of the room. I just want them to be fine with each other. I know I gave Luke a big lecture the other day about staying away from Tori. But them two do make each other happy when they're at good terms. When they're not with each other, it's like they're missing something. They're like twins, even though I'm biologically Tori's twin, but without the other, they seem lost.

I just hope that nothing bad will happen. We'll have to wait and see. At the mean time I can look at more apartments to rent and move out. It's going to be weird living on my own, well they'll be room for Tori to stay over because I know she'll want to come round instead of staying at mums.