Chapter 22

•Luke's POV•

I feel awful. Why the hell did I say that to Tori? I'm an idiot. I don't know why I acted like that. I just stormed off and went to my room. When I got there my window was open. I walked towards it to shut it but when I got there I noticed Tori. She was crying. Is it because of me?

I just watched her. I can't be the reason why she's crying. The only reason that Tori could be upset is to her not being able to go out with Ashton and their stupid date. Maybe.

I shut my curtains and just laid down on my bed. I should have never reacted like that. Tori was just asking me a question, and I go and be stupid. Great one Luke.

I have to talk this out with someone. I got my phone and called the first person I could think of.

"Come on. Pick up." I said with frustration.

"Hello?" Calum said groggily.

"Help!" I said quickly.

"What's up?" Calum cleared his throat.

"I'm so confused Calum." I sighed.

"With what?" He asked.

"I think I have feelings for Tori." I could feel my cheeks go red.

"You think? Don't you mean you do?" Calum mocked.

"W-what?" I said nervously.

"Come on Luke. You make it so damn obvious that you like her by acting that you don't." Calum laughed.

"Do I really?" I said shyly.

"Luke, if Tori had her eyes open she would see that you're head over heels for her." He laugh.

"I don't wear heels." I stated.

"It's a metaphor Luke." He said in a monotone voice.

"So what happened then?" Calum asked.

"Well me and Tori were laying on the grass just looking into the sky, and she asked what happened earlier when I was hanging out with Ashton. I just got up and climbed over the fence, and she asked where I'm going, and I said away from you and left." I explained.

"Luke!" Calum shouted.

"I know I know." I said with frustration.

"If you know, then why did you say that to Tori?" Calum moaned.

"I don't know. My feelings are just all over the place. Did you know that she used to like me?" I said with shock.

"Uh yeah. We all knew Luke. We didn't say anything as we thought either one of you would make a move. But apparently not." Calum stated.

"You knew!" I yelled.

"Yeah Luke." Is all Calum said.

"If she likes you then why not talk to her about it?" He asked.

"She said that the day I said those mean things to her, is the day she realised who I really was and stopped liking me." I sighed.

"Dude, just talk to Tori. She's our friend. I'm sure she'll understand Luke." Calum suggested.

"I can't Calum. She likes Ashton. I'll just confuse her even more. It's best if I just stay away from her." I paused and realised that it is the best thing to do.

"It's really up to you Luke. I can't force you to what direction you want to go to. It's your decision." Calum said.

"I know. I'm going to go. Bye." I ended the call. Why can't everything just go back to the way it was when there was no confusion, no tension, and to the days when me and Tori were really close friends. Now I just feel like we're as close as strangers.

I walked back downstairs and sat on the porch. I was the only one in, as everyone else went to my cousins house. As I was sitting there I could hear Tori talking. I looked up and saw that her bedroom window was open and and she seemed to be yelling, but then she spoke normally. I couldn't help but over hear what she was saying.

"Y-yeah. Why wouldn't I be?" She spoke. Her voice sounded shaky, as if she's about to start to cry again. "Mum told me what happened." I could faintly hear Daniel's voice. What happened? "I didn't tell mum what happened." Seriously what happened? She wouldn't really tell them what happened earlier, would she? "She told me that you were crying." Daniel said. She was still crying? I'm such an idiot. "I was." She sighed. "Why?" I heard Daniel ask. "I'm just really emotional at the moment." That's such a lame answer.

"That time of the month I see." I heard Daniel joke. I then heard Tori laugh. That's a sign that she wouldn't of been crying because of me.

"That's what I want to see. Happy Tori." Daniel said. "You're and idiot Dan." I heard Tori speak. "Do you mind if I ask to why you were crying?" Daniel queried. "Luke." Tori said quietly. It can't be? I felt a big weight just hit me in the stomach. It's because of me that Tori is upset. "What did he do now?" Daniel said a little too loud which was easy to hear.

"We were just laying on the grass and I asked him what happened early with him and Ashton. Then the idiot gets up an leaves. I asked him where he's going, and he said away from you." I heard Tori start to cry. I feel so bad and guilty. "We just got back to the way we used to be, and he goes and says that. It hurts you know." She said. It hurts? I thought she didn't care about me like that.

"He's an idiot." Was all Daniel said. He's right there. "But it's so frustrating Daniel because ugh, I don't know." Tori has seemed to stop crying now.

"It seems to me that you have feelings for little Lucas." Daniel said. What? He's got to be joking.

"I can't Daniel. I just can't." I heard Tori sigh. Why can't she? Am I really that bad? "Why not Tori? You and Luke have been friends for so damn long. I'm not surprised if you two do end up together." Daniel stated, which is true. "Daniel! I don't want to like him. I've liked him before and he broke my heart without even knowing it. I promised myself that I wouldn't fall for Luke again, but somehow there's a little bit of him in the back of my mind. But then there's Ashton who's the most sweetest guy I have ever met." Tori said loudly. Daniel coughed. "Okay you're the sweetest, but Ashton is different. But somehow Luke makes it so hard. I just don't even know anymore Daniel."

I got up and went back into my house. I don't want to hear anymore.

Tori still has some feelings for me? But she is confused. This is mean, but things would have been better if I stayed on tour and I forgot who Tori was because then no one would be hurting, apart from Tori when I said those mean things. But things were a lot easier then. I think I'll just keep my distance away from Tori.