Chapter 29

•Tori's POV•

I slowly opened my eyes and saw that I was down stairs. I smiled remembering the little movie night me and Luke had. That then made me think. Where's Luke? I looked around and saw there was no sign. He must have gone home. I got up and jumped when I saw Dan just standing there.

"Daniel! Why are you just standing there? You gave me a fright." I caught my breathing pattern back. "You woke up late. We were suppose to go to my apartment today." He snapped. "Oh my gosh." I gasped. I genuinely forgot about it. "I'm so sorry Dan." I apologised. "It doesn't matter. I went with Luke instead." Dan walked away. I felt bad.

"You've already went?" The guilt hit me like a brick. "Yeah." He sighed. "I'm so sorry Daniel." I walk to him and gave him a hug. "You're lucky you're my sister, otherwise I'd be so mad at you." He pointed out. I poked his shoulder to say thanks and went upstairs.

"Where are you going?" Dan asked. "Upstairs to change. I need to talk to Ashton." I replied. "Oh. Telling him the news right?" Dan said. "Excuse me?" I was a little shock. How did Dan know? I didn't say anything to him. "Luke told me." He said simply. Luke told him. "Did he just randomly say it out loud?" I was a little annoyed. I haven't even fully told Ashton yet, and Luke goes telling people, well my brother, but still.

"No. We were just chit chatting. And I asked how you two were, and he brought it up." Dan smirked. I felt me cheeks burn bright red. "You don't need to be embarrassed Tori, I knew since the day you met Luke that you'll probably end up with him." Dan said. "Why did you think that?" I asked out of curiosity. "Because you two were inseparable. I've never seen a day when you weren't apart. Apart from when he went on tour." Dan pointed out.

What Dan said was right. I've spent like nearly everyday of my life, apart from the time when he went away, but we've always hung out together and did everything together. "Don't you think it will change your friendship with Luke and Ashton though?" Dan said. I paused. I knew that if Luke and I were to go out and it didn't go so well, we wouldn't be friends afterwards, I mean, when I thought Luke thought that I liked him, I thought that was because he knew and that he stopped talking to me. And I don't want Ashton to stop being friends with me just because I'm picking Luke. Maybe I shouldn't go out with any of them. I should remain as friends. I mean we've been alright as we are now.

"Hello?" Dan broke my train of thought. "Uh yeah?" I asked. "You were zoned out for a really long time Tori." Dan snickered. "Sorry." I replied. "You better meet up with Ashton, because I know some dude who is anxious to see you again." Dan smiled referring to Luke. I smiled stupidly at the thought of that.

"You're so head over heels for Luke and you don't even know it." Dan shook his head and walked away. "No I'm not." I replied back. "Don't deny it sis." Dan faded into the distance. I quickly messaged Ashton to see what time he wanted to hang out. I decided it was best to talk to him at the park near my house because it would be awkward to tell him at mine or at his. That way if he gets upset or angry he won't go over to Luke.

I replied back and wanted to meet at four, which is on a few minutes. I quickly changed into something else instead of wearing my pyjamas to meet Ashton. I picked up my phone and keys and headed my way to the park.

As I got to the park I noticed that it was quite empty which is weird as it's the weekend. But I'm kind of glad because I don't really want to make a scene. I sat there patiently waiting for Ashton. I looked around the view and noticed a tall, curly headed boy making his way here. I smiled at the sight of him and frowned to realising why I'm meeting him.

"Hey Tori, what's with the frown?" He came up and got his fingers to turn my frown upside down. His weirdness is so cute. "Hey Ashton, and it's gone now, see." I placed on a fake smile, which he bought.

"That's better." He smiled. "Ashton." I sighed. "Tori." He repeated in a similar tone to mine and then giggled. "I don't really know how to say this." I looked at the ground thinking of the nicest way to put this. "Oh. I, uh, I think I know what you're trying to say." Ashton frowned. "No, no Ashton. Please don't be sad. We can still be friends, maybe we're better off that way." I sincerely smiled. "You like Luke. I get it. I see the way you both look at each other. I should have never made a move. I knew nothing would have come from it. And we can still be friends, I just hope things won't be awkward between us." Ashton replied back. He still sounds upset.

"No Ashton. You didn't know. I mean I don't even know either. I just found out that Luke liked me too." I said. "It took you that long to notice?" He rolled his eyes. Yep, he's annoyed. "Well you and the rest of the guys knew and didn't have the audacity to tell me. I was your friend too you know." I sighed.

"We promised Luke not to tell you. And if you were smart enough you could have seen the signs that he liked you." He snapped. "Why are you being mean for?" I frowned. "You played me Tori. You should have said no to the dates." He looked away. "I did not play you!" I yelled. This is not the Ashton that I started to like.

"Yes you did Tori. You leaded me on thinking that you liked me too. You're right, we should just be friends. I guess I'll see you around." He stood up an walked away. "I liked you Ashton. I really did." I said the last bit quietly like he would have even heard the first part by him storming off.

From that moment I knew I wouldn't be seeing him around that often. I ruined a nice friendship with Ashton, just because I decided to go with Luke. I walked back to my house. As I was about to walk up into my front gate, Luke's door opened revealing and smiling goofball.

"Hi Luke." I smiled weakly. "What's wrong Tori?" Luke walked quickly towards me whilst wrapping his arms around me. "I-I spoke to Ashton." I leaned my head closer into Luke. "How did he take it?" He rubbed his hand soothingly on my back to reinsure that I'm okay. "Not well. I feel like I've ruined my friendship with him. What happens if I ruin our friendship?" I looked up sadly to Luke. "You won't. Trust me." Luke smiled and hugged me even tighter.