Chapter 25

•Tori's POV•

It's been two weeks since I last heard words from Luke. He stuck by his promise. Why would he act like he likes me, just because I had the smallest feelings for him. Those feelings are gone now. I've been spending most of my time with Ashton. Dan has finally peeled and his skin doesn't sting no more. God, was it disgusting. All you would see around the house was his random skin on the floor. It's as if he was a snake.

Dan knows what happened. I told him as soon as he came back from the water park. "Tori your phone just beeped. I think you got a message." Dan yelled from upstairs. "Okay!" I yelled back. I walked upstairs and went to my room to find my phone.

From: Ashton Irwin
Hey, do you want to hang out with me and the guys today? :) x

To: Ashton Irwin
Hey, depends who 'guys' are? x

From: Ashton Irwin
Me obviously :'D Calum, Michael and Luke x

To: Ashton Irwin
It's okay, I'll hang out another time :) xx

Ashton kind of knows what happened between me and Luke. I just didn't tell him the part of him liking me and me liking him. I mean they're best friends, I don't want to cause anything between them.

From: Ashton Irwin
:( please come! Luke will hardly be here x

To: Ashton Irwin
What you mean? x

From: Ashton Irwin
He's been a lot quieter and less social with us lately. It's kind of worrying me :( x

Did I cause that? No. I couldn't have.

To: Ashton Irwin
I'll think about it :) xx

I really don't want to go. I've made it by not seeing him for two weeks, which is kind of hard since he's my neighbour. But somehow I've done it.

"Was I right?" Dan popped his head through the door. "What are you talking about Dan?" I asked with confusion. "You got a message right?" He smirked. "You are one strange person Dan." I gave him a worried look. "We all are Tori. And who was your text from?" He asked in an annoying kids voice. "Ashton." I said simply. He nodded and went silent.

"Tori! Come down here now!" Mum yelled. "What did you do?" Dan asked. I was still in shock. "I don't know." I said whilst walking downstairs to find my mum in the garden. "What?" I asked. "You're not busy are you?" Mum smiled. Gosh, she made me worried that I did something wrong. "No, I was just upstairs with Dan, why?" I asked. "Good, you can help with the gardening." She smiled. "What?" I said a little too loud.

"We're changing the garden, I'm bored of the way it looks. Go in and change into some old clothes and lets get started." She gave a big smile.

I gave a fake smile and went to get changed. I walked back down and felt my phone buzzed.

From: Ashton Irwin
Are you coming round? :) x

To: Ashton Irwin
Sorry I can't :( helping mum with the gardening ... What fun :( x

I turned my phone off and left it in the kitchen and went in the garden and helped out.

"Play some music Tori." Mum said whilst coming out with a wheel barrow of tiles. I rolled my eyes at the weirdness of my mother which explains why me and Dan are so weird. I turned the radio on full blast and we danced and sang around the garden, whilst doing up the garden of course.

"Okay guys, next up is from our local boys, everyone must know them. They're internets sensation 5 Seconds of Summer. This is from their new album, this song is called Amnesia." The radio man said. "Ugh!" I got up from digging some holes to place some flowers in to turn the music off.

"No Tori. Keep it on. Let's here it. It's Luke singing." Mums smile grew big. She's always liked Luke, more than she liked me at times. "Fine but I'm going to the front garden so I don't have to hear this crap." I said. Mum gave me a scolding look for using the word crap. I mouthed sorry and went to the front garden.

I shut the door and sat on the front step. I wiped off a few strands of grass off of my leg. I then looked at my feet and saw that I had the most ridiculous socks on. One foot was SpongeBob and the other was bright pink and blue polka dots. I then saw a piece of paper fall in front of me. It was folded neatly. I picked it up and looked around to see if it might of been Dan being stupid again.

I opened it and read what it said.

Is our songs really crap? :-(

I didn't even have to think twice to who wrote this. I scrunched the piece of paper and threw it to the floor and walked back into my house. What part of not talking to me does Luke not get?

I walked back to the back garden and saw my mum sitting under the tree. I walked over to her and sat next to her. "Are you okay mum?" I asked. "Of course honey." Mum smiled and hugged me.

"Are you okay Tori?" Mum looked at me. "Yeah I'm fine, why?" I furrowed my eyebrow. "Tori. You know you can talk to me. You don't have to let your feelings out to Daniel all the time." Mum placed her hand on my shoulder. "Did Dan tell you?" I asked. She nodded and gave me a big hug. "What did he tell you?" I sniffled. "The event a few weeks ago." Mum rubbed my back to sooth me.

"It doesn't matter any more." I placed on a smile. "Tori, if you ever need anyone to talk to, you know I'm always here." She kissed my cheek. "I know mum. Thank you." I gave her a big hug and went back to doing the garden. "You can relax if you want Tori. We can do this another time." Mum suggested. "Are you sure?" I questioned. Mum nodded.

I smiled and went back to my room. I turned my phone on and got a few messages.

From: Ashton Irwin
Oh :( message me when you're free :) x

From: Ashton Irwin
I know you're not talking to Luke, but do you know if he's left yet? x

From: Ashton Irwin
I'm really worried, I know I'm probably annoying you but Luke isn't answering any of our calls x

From: Ashton Irwin
Call me when you get this xx

Ashton is scaring me now.

"Hello?" Ashton answered.

"What's happening?" I said quickly.

"Me and the guys have been worried sick about Luke. He won't pick up or even reply back to our texts." Ashton replied.

"You could always go over to his house." I suggested.

"We're not around Sydney, well we were at Sydney but we were going to miss the train since Luke wasn't replying back." Ashton stated.

"Oh, maybe he's out with his brothers." I said.

"Would you mind checking if he's in?" Ashton asked.

"I'll ask Dan." I said bluntly. I didn't mean to be blunt but I don't like talking about Luke all the time. It just puts images into my head that I don't want to remember.

"Okay, well I'll talk to you tomorrow, bye." Ashton said. We exchanged our goodbyes and I went to Dan's room.

"Dan?" I called out. No reply.

I walked and saw Dan typing away with his music in his ears as I could hear what he was listening to.

I walked up behind him and tapped his shoulder. He turned around and took out his earphone. "Yes?" He said. "Could you do me a small favour?" I asked. "Depends on the favour Victoria." He smirked. I whacked his shoulder as I hate being called Victoria.

He put his hands up in defeat. "Could you go next door and see if Luke is okay." I said without looking at him. He smirked and poked my stomach. "What?" I whacked his finger away. "You care about him." He said. "No actually, Ashton's worried about him." I walked away.