Deployment Blues

Prompt: Jake and you have been going out for about a year. Around a month ago you guys moved into his house. Luckily he hasn't been deployed to a different state. However he was called into work about three days ago. He had to deploy over somewhere on the East coast.

———————————————————————

Yn's POV:

I woke up dreading what the day held in the palms of its hands. Jake was going to be deployed for a month or two. It was uncertain when he was actually going to come home.

I stay laid on my back, laying on my bed with my arms sprawled out and the blankets everywhere.

"Hey darlin'." Jake says walking into the room.

"Hey." I say with less energy. I glance up to see him in his uniform already. My eyes get teary for the first time out of who knows how many times for the next week.

Jake rushes over to my side, kneeling down on the floor right by our bed. "It's going to be okay."

I turn over on my stomach, face in my hands. "No."

I feel him going to the other side of the bed where I'm at. "No what?"

"Please don't go. I don't want you to."

"Hey come here." He pulls me into his arms. I wrap my arms around his neck not wanting to let go.

"Please, please don't go. I'm begging you J."

He doesn't answer.

"Please."

"I am so, so sorry."

I start bawling. After about ten minutes, I calm down and he lifts up my face. "Why don't you go get ready? I'll make you breakfast." He wiggled his eyebrows at me.

I giggled at this action. "Yeah." I said wiping my tears. He grabs my hands and kisses them then my forehead before leaving the room.

While I was getting ready I started crying about five times. I put waterproof mascara on, cause you know. After breakfast we get into my Jeep and head off to base. Jake is driving, holding my hand the entire time. We sat in a comfortable silence.

The car suddenly stopped. I let out a sigh.

"Hey, I'm going be alright darlin'" he said.

"What if something happens? Why can't you just stay behind? Why can't you just start here with me? What i-"

"Yn. I'm going to be fine. I promise." He held up a pinkie. I chuckled, but took my pinkie and wrapped around his.

"Okay let's go." He said.

We got out of my Jeep and headed towards the buses. There were about three buses in total. Everyone was in the middle saying goodbye to each other. Jake suddenly picks up my left hand in his. He drops his duffel bag on the concrete.

He takes my other hand and wraps it around him before putting his arms around me. "I love you Yn. So, so much. Don't forget that. Okay?" He looked down at me.

I looked back at him. "I love you Jake Seisin. Please be careful. I know you say that you will, but seriously, please." My voice broke.

He pulls me back into his arms, "I will, I promise. I won't break our pinkie promise." He whispers into my ear.

"You better not. You know, or else I'm gonna have to break your pinkie."

"That's my girl."

"Leaving in thirty seconds, load up!" Someone called. Everyone said their last goodbyes.