Miscarriage

Yn's POV:

I stare at the pregnancy test on the bathroom counter. I have it flipped over so I can't see what it says. After three minutes I flip it back over.

Pregnant

I cover my mouth, tears of joy fills my eyes. "Jake get in here!" I tell him.

The bathroom door opens. "What is it darlin'?"

I hold up the test.

"Oh my gosh." He wraps his arms around my waist picking me up. I throw my arms around his neck, burring my head in his neck too.

"I'm pregnant Jake."

"I'm gonna be a dad!"

"You're gonna be dad."

We stay like that for a little while. Later that day we made an appointment for a check up in three days. Slowly that day came. I put leggings on and a shirt on. We went inside the room, I laid down and Jake stood next to me.

The doctor came in and started talking to us about what she was going to do today. After the appointment we went home and ate lunch. The first thing I did was find a picture frame and I put the photos that the doctor gave us in it.

I put it on the wall that we had in the hall. Over the course of a few years we filled the wall with many photos. There were some from when we were dating, engagement photos, our wedding, some day to day ones, and now one with our baby.

The next five months were crazy. I was still able to fly with Jake, so everything felt kinda normal. It was a huge adjustment.

I woke up feeling something run down my legs. I go to the bathroom and see blood on the inside of my thighs. And my shorts.

"Jake!" I say in a panic. "Jake!"

He gets to the door of the bathroom. "Everything okay?"

"No." I said motioning to my legs.

"Hey, it's okay." He said trying to comfort me. "You go take a shower and I'll call the doctor okay?"

"Okay." I said scared.

I hopped in the shower and rinsed off. While the water was running down my back, the bathroom door opened.

"Hey Yn?" Jake spoke softly.

"Hmm?" I hummed.

"I just got off the phone, and she said that this usually happens but she wants us to come in later today to make sure everything is okay."

"What time?"

"Ten. It's eight right now."

"Okay thank you bubs."

I got out of the shower and get ready. By the time I finished everything, it was time to leave. Jake and I climbed into his truck. My left leg bobbed up and down, and I chewed my nails, feeling something was off.

Jake puts his hand on my hand trying to calm me down. "It's gonna be okay, she said that this is normal." He said to me.

After a long time waiting to get in and laying down. Our doctor came into the room sitting down next to me in her rolling chair. "Jake said you had a little accident this morning?" She asked.

"Yeah, I woke up to a sharp pain, and when I went to the bathroom that's when I saw it." I said stressed. Jake was standing right by my side, holding my left hand and keeping one on my shoulder.

"Well, it's not uncommon for this to happen. But I still want to make sure their okay."

I nodded my head and lifted up my shirt to sit on top of my belly. She puts the cold gel that got me every time and put her little remote thing in my stomach. Expecting to hear a heartbeat like every other time we were in here, silence filled the room.