Kid (part 2)

Yn's POV:

Sage ran into my room as I finished putting my earrings in and necklace on. I had pants on with a white long sleeve shirt. I matched it with nude heels and straightened my hair.

"Mommy! Someone's at the door!" She said while giving me gravy hands. I grabbed my phone and set Sage on my hip, waking down the stairs to open the door.

My eyes meet with Jakes, "hi. I have to grab a few things to take over to my parents for Sage, come in." I opened the door before closing it when he stepped through, I set Sage down and she stood by my side. "Make yourself at home, I'll be right back." I walked upstairs and grabbed her bag and put Sage's Pjs and a few things that she likes.

I walk downstairs and see Sage showing Jake all of the pictures on the the wall to him. I smiled and stopped by Jakes side as he listened to Sage tell him stories about every picture. I chuckle, "okay Sage, let's get going." I hold out the back pack for Sage to put on. She holds Mr. Bear and slips her tiny arms through the straps before running over to the door excitedly.

Out of the corner of my eye I see Jake, I turned to him and gave him a smile.

"She's adorable."

"Thank you. She gets it all from me." I joke as I open the front door. Sage runs to the car and waits for me to open the door. I lock the door once shake is out, "is it okay if we take my car? I just have to drop her off and she's in a car seat."

"Oh yeah no problem. I figured that much." He said going over to the passenger's side. I get Sage buckled in and buckle myself into the drivers side before driving off to mom and Dads house.

When we get there Sage runs to them as they wave Jake and I goodbye. "Okay, where are we going?" I ask.

"Here pull over, I wanna drive." I look at him skeptical. "It's gonna be a surprise."

"Ughh." I pull over to the side of the road and put it park before getting out to switch Jake. After we switched I had music playing in the background but we didn't talk.

I watched as he pulled up to an Italian restaurant and found a parking spot. He ran over and opened my door and offered his arm, I took it and we walked in and were soon seated. After we got our drinks Jake looked up at me, "you look good."

"Having a kid can do that I guess." I giggle.

"Why didn't you tell me?" He jumped right into the deep end.

I took a deep breath, "I guess I didn't want to hold you back. I mean for the two months we were dating I picked up how much you loved your job."

"I don't care."

"Come on Jake, you can't mean you would actually stay and help. I didn't expect you to."

"I would. Do you know how long I've wanted to settle down and have kids?" He said leaning over the table to me.

"I couldn't ask you to do that."

"You wouldn't have to."

"It wouldn't of been right."

"To be there for my kid? Why didn't you at least tell me?" Surprisingly, Jake stayed very calm and didn't start yelling at me.

"Like I said, I didn't want to hold you back."

He paused before continuing, "what's her full name?"

"Sage Rue Simpson."

"What's she like?"

"Oh gosh. She has both of our attitudes and personalities so it can be a lot to handle." Both him and I chuckle under our breath. "She's incredibly smart."