Life with Newborns

Ashton and Kayson

Yn's POV:

Feeling exhausted, I grab some sweats from my hospital bag and a baggy shirt that was Jakes. I pull my hair into a low messy bun and walk out of the small bathroom. I see Jake standing up watching the two baby boys. I smile as I wobble over to them.

Ashton and Kayson sleeping in the same hospital bassinet. I rest my head on Jakes shoulder as he readjusts and puts his left arm over my shoulders.

"How ya feeling?" Jake kisses my head.

"Tired. Really really tired." I take my hand and brush it softly against their noses.

"Yeah, guess we should get use to that for a while huh?"

I chuckle a little bit. "I guess so."

Jakes POV:

I walk to the side of Yn as the nurse pushes Yn out to the hospital. Seeing Yn hold both of the babies melted my heart. It seems like we just got married. I carry all the bags and set them down on the concrete when we stopped. I ran and got the car. I helped Yn up, strapping Ashton and Kayson in.

I drove as Hn sat in the back in between the babies.

"How are they doing?" I ask.

"Sleeping." She says. I glance in the rear view mirror and see Yn with her head thrown back in the seat.

I reach my hand behind holding her hand the rest of the way home. Once I pulled into to drive way, I hopped out and took Kayson's baby carrier. Yn took Ashton's and we both walked inside.

Unlocking the door, trying to escape from the Texas heat already, and open the door, letting Yn go in first. As I close the door behind me, I watch as Yn walks up the stairs with Ashton in her hands. Following her, I see her put Ashton's carrier on the ground and Yn strapping him. I do the same with Kayson.

Later that night, Yn sat in the couch, nursing the twins as I made her dinner. I walk out of the kitchen to get her, saying the food is done. I stop when I see Hn sleeping on the couch with the boys. Ashton on the right and Kayson on the left.

I take a picture before sitting down next to them, kissing Yn's temple and fall asleep watching the three loves of my life.

Carter

From the moment Ashton and Kayson knew they were going to be big brothers they were ecstatic. Finding out it was a boy, Un was a little disappointed that it was going to be all joys in the house, but was still happy. Jake on the other hand was jumping up and down, crying that he was getting the life he wanted.

When Yn went into birth, Jakes parents took Ashton and Kayson, saying they would bring them over later. Yn laid on the hospital bed, with the tiny boy feeding. Carter soon fell asleep on his mothers bare chest.

The door swung open and revealed Mama holding the two boys hands that quickly got out of her grip. I laughed as Jake made sure they were quiet and being careful. They both adored Carter and holding him. Jake kissed his wife's forehead before turning his attention to his two year old with his newborn son.

Later when they were able to go home, Yn went to take a shower as Jake watched all the boys. When Yn came out of the bathroom, she immediately went to the nursery to see if anyone was in there. The lights were dimmed, but Yn was still able to see the adorable son's cuddling.

With Carter in the middle, Ashton and Kayson, slept by his sides. It was the cutest thing ever, Yn thought. She snapped a picture before Jake came in. He pulled her into a hug watching the boys in the crib.

"I put them down to nap thirty minutes ago, and I guess they wanted to sleep with their baby brother." Jake said.

"It's cute, I love it." Yn placed her head on Jakes chest watching all the kids, content with how her life was going.

Ian

This one was tricky. Jake was out deployed, having no sag in it. As soon as Yn's water broke, she made sure to call Jake first and then his mom. Mr. Seresin watched the three boys as Mama took Yn to the hospital.

Definitely nerve racking that Jake wasn't there, Yn gave birth to Ian. Just like with Carter, Ashton and Kayson were off the walls. Carter however, did not like that the extra attention was not going to him, meaning he didn't like he was the baby anymore.

He soon adjusted but stayed close with Kayson especially. When Yn got home Mama and Pa helped her with the children. When Jake was able to FaceTime his wife, he took it. There was one night, after Ian was birthed a week earlier and Jake and Yn were talking.

"Can I see the kids?" Jake asked.

"Their down for a nap right now, but I'll see if any of them are up." Yn got up and walked to Ashton and Kaysons room empty, she looked in Carters room but it was empty too. She went to Ian's room and saw all four of the boys in the room.

She showed Jake. Ashton and kayson were sleeping on the ground near the crib as Carter was sleeping in the crib, on the opposite end of Ian.

Just like the three other boys, Jake and Yn were happy with their life. Both knowing one more would complete their family.

Sage

When Jake and Yn were finding out they were having a girl, they were over the moon. Even the boys were jumping off the walls, excited to get a baby sister. Luckily, Jake was there for Sages birth and what not.

Jake loved that he had four boys and one girl. He knew that her brothers were going to be very protective of their sister. Just like he and his brothers were with his sisters.

All of the boys were all over Sage. It was weird for them, seeing her in girly cloths and bows on her head, but they quickly adapted.

Most importantly, Sage was a hardcore Mommies girl.

.