Same Mistakes

Yn's POV:

I stood next to Jake as Maverick was choosing his team that would fly out. Just like my father Nick Bradshaw, I was an WSO that flew with Baby as my front seater.

"Phoenix and Bob...Baby and Raptor...Rooster as my wingman." Maverick stated.

Jake grabbed my hand, his cold metal wedding ring I gave him pressed against my fingers. Admiral Simpson dismissed us to go get ready. Everyone scattered and congratulated the ones that were chosen. I go over to Baby and give her a hug before Bradley taps on my shoulder.

I turn around and see him towering over me, he got the tall genes. "Good luck." He said.

"I should be the one saying that to you, I'm following you." I chuckled a little bit. We do our little handshake before hugging each other. Jake comes up to us as we pull away, and he gives Bradley a bro hug.

"You bring my wife home, you understand me?"

"You forget she's my sister."

Bradley walks off to talk to others and Jake turns to me. "You be careful darlin', can't have Ashton only have me."

"I wouldn't leave him behind, he's my baby."

"What about me? Am I chopped liver?"

"Oh yeah, I guess I couldn't leave my husband hanging either. Don't want to take a page out of his book."

Jake acts offended. "Wow, you are full of it aren't you?"

"Maybe?"

"But seriously," Jake cups my face. "You come home. I need you. Ashton and Kayson needs you. You have to come home."

My face softens at Jake worry that is showing through. "I promise to come home. More specifically to my boys."

"Good." Jake pulls me into a kiss and then a hug.

That's when we had to go out and get ready for the mission. Doing everything like it's the back of my hand, I do the pre flight checks with Baby and climb in.

"Dagger 1 ready."

"Dagger on standby ready."

"Dagger 2 ready."

"Dagger 3 ready."

"Dagger 4 ready." I spoke clipping my mask. Baby takes off as I prepare everything for dropping the missile.

We take off and take the dagger position. Going into the canyon, Maverick and Phoenix takes off while Rooster falls to slow.

"Rooster, you need to speed up. We're behind." I tell him.

"Negative, speed is good."

"We are too slow, you are giving them time to intercept. Rooster, speed up." Getting a little aggravated, Maverick helps me.

"Talk to me Dad."

"Don't think, just do."

Just like that Rooster speeds up and we're making good time. Avoiding the sides of the mountains Baby calls out to me, "you got that lock ready?"

"It's not focusing." We flew up the mountain. "Rooster it's a dead eye!"

"Dropping blind."

Seeing the missile drop where it needs to be Baby pulls straight up, following Rooster.

"Smoke in the air!" Maverick calls out.

Baby continues to do maneuvers to trick the missiles so they don't hit us. Everyone flying around, everyone for themselves. Baby goes to fire at the missile that was following Phoenix but Rooster flies right in front of us.