Stranger Danger

Yn's POV:

I was with my friend getting ice cream. Something came up at her work so she had to leave. I was walking down to my car about two blocks down. After about three buildings down from the ice cream place I notice a man was following me.

I stayed calm and continued to walk. I couldn't go to my car because they tell you not to. So I take a right when I'm supposed to lake a left. I see a bar down the street and decide to go in there. 

I nonchalantly look back to see if he's still following me, he is. I open the door and head inside I make my way to the middle of the bar and see the same guy trying to get close to me.

I look around and see a group of people and head towards them. I walk up to one that is standing and holding a pool stick. I tap his shoulder and say in a hushed tone,

"Can you pretend to be my boyfriend?" I look back to see the random guy was still staring at me. It was really starting to freak me out.

"Umm, yeah." He said. He was about 6' 0". Beautiful green eyes. I couldn't help but notice that he was also wearing a Navy Uniform. He bent down to my ear, "is that guy bothering you?", pointing towards the man who was still staring at me.

I nod my head, "I was walking to my car and he just started following me. Even when I came in here."

"Well then, better look like we're a couple to make him leave."

He put his arm around my shoulder and pulled my close to his side body. "Relax, I won't let him get to you, even if I don't know you."

"Thank you."

"You're welcome darlin'."

After about five minutes the guy still didn't leave the bar. "Do you know him or something?"

I glacé over to him again, and recognized him. "Shit, I need to make a call I'll be right back."

"I'll come with you."

I walked outside and called my team. I was an FBI agent. I grew up here in California and we got done with a case. Or more like the suspect disappeared into thin air. But this man that was following me, that was the suspect.

I called the boss of my team.

"Hi Yn!" He said through the phone

"Sir? Do you remember that case we just got back from?"

"Yeah, Jacob Morrow. Murdered eleven girls then disappeared?"

"Yep that's it. I was walking to my car and he started following me. I'm at a bar named The Hard Deck. Get down here as fast as you can."

"Okay. We'll be there. Don't interact with him. Stay calm. If he tries something, then you know what to do." He hangs up.

I put my phone in my back pocket and grab my gun from my holster. Making sure that the safety was off and it was loaded. I turned around seeing the guy that I went to still there.

"Okay, starting over. Names Yn Y/l/n. I'm an FBI agent. And that man that was following me, he's a suspect to one of my cases that we had to leave open."

"Oh. Sorry, I'm Jake "Hangman" Seresin. Navy Pilot."

"I know. Okay I need you to play along with me just for a little bit longer. My teams coming, I just need to keep an eye on him. Can you do that for me Lt. Seresin?"

"Yes ma'am."

We walk back in and I go to find Jacob. Once I make eye contact with him, he starts to go towards the door to leave. He probably knows that I'm up to something.

I walk around and watch him hurry towards the door. I grab my gun and point it at him. "Jacob Morrow! Stop right where you are! Put your hands in the air where I can see them!"

He does what I said.

"Now slowly turn around so I can see you!" By now I've got everyone's attention on me.

Once again he does what I tell him. I take a step towards him and he takes a step back lowering his hands to his lower back clearly trying to grab something.

"Stop! Keep your hands in the air and don't move!" I screamed.

He continued to disobey my orders and tried to grab a gun. That's when my team burst through the door. We eventually arrested him and left everyone be.

"You coming Yn?" My boss called.

"I'll be there in a second."

I walk back into the bar trying to find the Jake guy. I finally spot him chatting with his friends. I walk up to him and hand him my card, that ironically has my personal number in it.

"Just in case." I winked at him and ran back out.

Later that night I finally got home and laid down in my bed. My phone buzzes in my nightstand. I grab it and see that I got a text message from an unknown number.

I opened iMessages.

Unknown Number

Hey! This is Jake from the bar

Hi!

I was wondering if you wanted to
get something for dinner this
weekend?

I would really love that!

In that moment I squealed, having butterflies erupt in my stomach.