Fiery One

This one is way shorter but I think it's cute. I can definitely see Jake finding a girlfriend that's super quiet and shy, but would secretly kill someone for him. While he seems to be the outgoing band the loud one, but is secretly a huge soft to his girlfriend.

———————————————————————

Jakes POV:

Maya and I pull up to The Hard Deck. I just got back from a seven month deployment to Iraq so she decided to tag along on this thirteen week assignment. It was in Fightertown in California. Far away from home.

I turned off the car and Maya and I walk into the bar. Being boring, I was wearing my tan uniform as Maya was wearing a pair of jeans with a black top, that had long puffy sleeves. We walk in and see the crowd, I put my hand on Maya's lower back and lead her through the crowd.

Walking up to the bar we get two beers and talk until we are met with a familiar face. "Hey what's up man?" I ask Javy pulling him into a bro hug.

"Just here for a detachment. What are you two doing here?" Javy asks looking at Maya and I.

"Looks like we're here for the same thing."

"What about you?" Javy turns to Maya.

"Just tagging along." Maya told him innocently.

Maya stayed sitting down with her hands in her lap. She was always the quiet and polite one in the relationship, while I was out going and fairly loud. I put my arm around her shoulders as I stood next to her.

"And I still see you've not been ranked up?" Javy continues to talk with Maya.

"What?" She chuckles.

"No ring?"

"Oh, that. No, no ring."

"Jeez man, what are you doing?" Javy looks up at me laughing a little.

"Getting back from missions one after another, that's what I've been doing." I tell him.

"Sometimes I hate our job."

"I hate your jobs too." Maya jokes.

After a little bit we find ourselves at the dart board. Over the past few months I've played so much darts that I've gotten really good at it. It was even to the point that Javy put a bet on me making three bullseyes in a row. On the last one he took his hand and covered my eyes. I still made it, I heard Maya chuckle a little as she watched.

We made our ways to the pool table, and Maya and I played a little game. Taking turns after each other, Maya won. One of the only things that I always beat her in. Maya threw her hands up, "finally!"

I chuckle at her actions.

Maya walks over to me, crossing her arms and stood a few inches away from me. "How does it feel?"

"How does what feel?"

"Losing to a girl?" A wide smile crept on her face.

"I gave you that game."

"Oh really?"

"Wanna play again?"

Quickly, Maya replied a, "no." She and I both knew this was a once in a lifetime thing.

I leaned down and gave her rosy cheek a kiss. "That's what I thought."

"I'll be right back," Maya stiff in her tippy toes and gave me a kiss, "I have to use the restroom."

I watched as she walked off into the ladies room. Not even a moment later, Phoenix showed up and we started talking. Maya made her way to my side again. She was great with people once she started talking with them for a while, but at first, she said nothing. I loved that about Maya.

I turned to Maya and made small talk, basically whispering. My right hand found it's way to Mayas small of her back. Once I turn my head I saw Bradley Bradshaw standing up and locking eyes with me.

"Hangman, you look...good." He said unenthused.

"Well, I am good Rooster. I'm very good."

"So anyone want to know what this special detachment is about?" Natasha breaks the awkward silence.

"What I want to know; who's gonna be team leader? And which one of you takes to follow me?" I reply.

"Hangman, the only place you'll lead anyone is to an early grave."

Before I could say what I want, Maya speaks up, "what did you just say?"

Roosters eyes goes from mine to the girl beside me.
"And who is this?"

"No, what the fuck did you just say?" Maya says taking a step closer.

"Maya." I warned her.

"No Jake, it's not okay that he just says that."

"Maya, sit."

She looked at my and scoffed. Turning her head back to Rooster and walked up to his face, she continued. "I swear to the living God that if you talk to anyone that I love like that again, you will not live to see another day."

Maya walked out of the bar. I sighed, "and that's my girlfriend ladies and gentlemen." I pushed past everyone going outside to Maya.

Roaster stopped me n my way, "you've got a fiery one, keep her."

"I know Bradshaw."

I pushed past him and made my way outside to see Maya leaning against the truck. Walking up to her, "you know I could've stood up for myself right?"

"I know. But I beat you to it." Maya says looking down.

"Thank you darlin'." I lifted her chin up.

"For what?"

"Doing that. It was pretty hot."

She laughed while looking up at me. "Anytime Jake."

.