Crash and Burn

Yn's POV:

Jake and I pull up to the base and get out before entering. Both of us had our flight suits on, ready for shipping out for our mission today. We are currently in Florida, for our current assignment.

Jake and I make our way to the shared locker rooms to grab our flight gear and um put it in our bags that we will later put on the ship. It is 5:30 am, we are flying out at 15:00. I grab the chain that was hanging in my locker with my dog tags with them. I take off my engagement ring and put it on the chain with the cold metal tags before slipping it over my head into my neck.

I throw my bag over my shoulder and turn to Jake who was right next to me. "You ready wingman?" I ask him.

"I always am darlin'." He replies as he closes his locker and slings his own bag over his shoulder.

We begin to walk out to the dock where the admirals are. After we get on board we go to the dorm rooms. It was just basically a hallway of bunk beds lined up against the walls. We slipped our bags underneath the bottom bunk bed Jake claimed.

After a while we got everything on and headed out to our planes.

Lt. Jake 'HANGMAN' Seresin

And

Lt. Yn 'RAPTOR' Y/l/n

were written in the side of the two F-18's in front of Jake and I. As I started climbing the ladder, Jake took my hand in his. "Yn, be careful."

"Where's the fun in that?" I try to joke.

"Yn." He gave me a stern look. "I'm serious. I still have every intention on making you Mrs. Seresin when we get back."

"And Mrs. Seresin I will be. You think I would seriously trade that opportunity?" I leaned down a little and gave him a kiss before going up fully into the F-18.

I looked over to Jake mouth 'I love you' before getting one back from him.

Before I knew it we were heading back to the shop after successfully completing the mission. I look at the radar ti my side and see something in the screen. "Hey Dash?" I spoke on the inter com to the back seater flying beside me with Archer.

"Yeah raptor?" He spoke back. Jake and his wingman were flying a few miles in front of us and I lead my wingmen to the ship.

"Do you see what I'm seeing at seven o'clock?" It's looking like a bogey.

"Do we need to come back?" Hangman's voice asked.

"No it's fine." I said in almost a whisper making sure to watch the bogey. Shit. As soon as I said that the bogey started firing at me. "Smoke in the air!"

I break to my right in attempt to get him off my tail.

"He's on me! I need my back up! Where the Hell is my fucking backup?" I shouted.

I kept moving up and down trying to get it so he couldn't get a middle lock in me. A high pitch alarm went off in my cabin, "shit! Hangman he's got a missile lock on me!"

"Hang on I'm almost there!" He told me.

Another alarm goes off, i look over and see my engine one was hit.

"Engine one is down! I repeat engine one is down!" I yell. Yet again, another light flashes at me, "engine two is on fire!"

"Raptor eject!" Archer yelled at me.

"Extinguishing fire in engine two." My voice is filled with worry as I try to stay calm. As soon as I get the fire out they hit it again, before getting hit themselves by what it looks Ike Hangman.