For the Best (2)

Harley's POV:

I look out the window while hearing the radio in my office saying Maverick wants Fanboy, Payback and Rooster up in the air. I go the pilots room to make sure they heard him.

I had my dark green trousers on with a white button up and my hair slightly curled. I open the door and see all of them talking, not paying attention.

"Fanboy, Payback, Rooster, get in the air!" I stand in the door frame.

They didn't move, they just stood there. I crossed my arms looking at them.

"I know I'm talking in English, but I'll repeat myself. Get your asses in the air right now or you'll do double the push-ups, even if you win."

The three stood up and walked past me. The rest just stared at me. I made sure to ignore Jakes eyes. I looked at the radio that was barely talking. I walk over and turn it up so you can hear everything g up in the air.

"Stop your talking and fucking listen. I will not hesitate to write you out of this assignment." I walk out of the room and go back in my office.

Doing paperwork, I stare from the computer screen to the paper every now and then. I hear knocking at the door. "Come in." I sit up straight and set my own down.

I see Maverick walking in, he must've finished with them. He sat down and we started talking about what we would do tomorrow.

Jakes POV:

After Hadley left the room and the sound of her heels fading I turn to Phoenix. "What's her problem? What happened to her?"

"After she got in her accident, she resigned from flying but the Pentagon wanted her so she took that job. Left our Squadron behind. She lost contact with everyone, doesn't care about anything anymore. Hadley is a very different person then she was years ago. Mess with her just a little and, I'm afraid you don't want to know." Phoenix told me.

"Accident? Pentagon?"

"When she came back to Florida she got in a crash durning an assignment. Ejection handle wasn't working, so she practically burned herself alive and then almost drowned in the ocean. When Admiral Kazansky heard that she was stepping back he wasn't having it. He reached out to the Pentagon and they took her."

"Oh." was all I could say.

Hadley's changed a lot since three years ago. Way more then I would give her credit for. I felt bad knowing that she went through something no pilot wants to go through.

Hadley's POV:

I walked into the classroom where everyone was seated, and started briefing them on the missions course. My back was turned, watching the screen and pointing out how they would fly this course. I heard talking behind me so I turned around and saw Jake talking to Payback.

Walking around the desk, I lean against the desk and cross my arms. "Lt.'s? Have something to share to the class?"

"Well, ma'am," payback started. "if the training isn't how the missions going to be, to the t, how will that help us?"

"Lt. Fitch, I'm afraid that if we put you right into the required measurements for this mission you will not be able to master it. I am having you start at an easier pace, gradually I will-"

"With all do respect-" Rueben tries to say something.

I talk over him, showing him that I was not done. "-gradually I will fit the training to the ideal requirements to be able to fly this mission. But right now, you are taking up your teammates and yourself's time for training so you can come back home. Any more questions Lt.?"