Just Sick?

Yn's POV:

For the next few months I was off from work. At least from what I was aware of. I would go in if some type of mission comes up and they needed me. Jake on the other hand just got back from a mission about a week ago.

We had pasta tonight and decided to go to bed early. I soon fall asleep next to Jake.

I wake up, having a sick feeling in my stomach. I run to the bathroom knowing I'm about to throw up. I don't even turn on the light. I go to the toilet and throw up. While my head is facing the toilet, I hear steps coming my way. Pretty quickly too.

Knowing it's Jake, he holds my hair back and kneels down next to me. He rubs my back with his other hand. As soon as I think I'm done I throw up for the last time. I flush the toilet and sit up straight.

"You okay baby?" Jake asks me bringing me into a hug.

"Yeah, the pasta probably upset my stomach. What time is it?" I groggily say.

"3:37."

"Jeez, I'm sorry Jake. You could've stayed in bed."

"And not take care of my wife? No thank you."

"Thank you bubs."

He soon head back to bed. We fell asleep for about an hour when Jakes phone rang.

He turned over and answered it, "Hello?"

He continued the conversation and soon hung up. He turned over to me once again hugging me tight. My head was in his chest.

"What was that about at this hour?" I asked him.

"I need to go into work, apparently there's something that they need me to do with the paperwork from the mission I just got back from." He answers, keeping his eyes closed.

"You need to go get dressed then."

"I've got time." A little bit later he got up and I stayed in bed. I heard the water running and soon stopping. Jake came over and kissed my forehead.

"I'll be back soon, it won't take long. I'll text you when I'm on my way home."

"Okay. Be safe."

"I love you."

"I love you."

He walked off and I feel asleep for a little while but soon fully woke up when the sun hit my face. I went to the bathroom and went downstairs to get food. As I opened the refrigerator, I was going to throw up again.

I, once again, ran to the toilet and threw up. As I sat on the floor I was wondering why I was sick all the sudden. I almost never am.

That's when I thought of something. I got up and threw on some cloths so I looked somewhat presentable. I grabbed my car keys and ran to the pharmacy.

I started looking down every isle looking for it. Finally I spot a box of pregnancy tests and grab them. I head to the counter and check out. I didn't want to wait so I went to a gas station went to the bathroom and bought a coffee.

I went back out to my car and pulled out the used pregnancy stick. I had it faces down. I took a deep breath and turned it over. Oh my gosh!

I stare at it. Tears start forming in my eyes. Jake and I have been trying for about a year. I had a miscarriage about six months ago. I look up, eyes still closed,

"Thank you God. Thank you for answering our prayers." I start sobbing again. I soon collect myself together and decided how I was gonna tell Jake.

I ran to Target. I decided to get him a basket with baby stuff in it. I find a cute gender neutral onesie. It what white, had an elephant in the middle with a bird on its head.