Brothers Coach

Jakes POV:

Connors last High School game was nearing so I decided to take some time off of work. The basketball state Nationals were being held in Houston, so I decided to surprise him. My parents and everyone else knew that I was coming down, except for Connor.

Still dressed in my uniform, I get an Uber to the area. I flew down here right after work yesterday, so I've not been given the time to change. My mom texted me where the were. I paid for my ticket and found my way to my parents. All of my siblings, nieces, and nephews were there. After saying hi and giving them all hugs I sit down by my sister Harper and her baby Theo.

"He has no clue right?" I ask her.

"Completely oblivious."

I smile to myself knowing that he was going to be ecstatic. My eyes wonder down to the court that was a few rows away from us. Finally, I found Connor warming up. A lady stood a few feet behind the hoop, with a clipboard in her hands. She was wearing a red suit, white shirt and red heels. Her hair was curled and laid on her shoulders.

Watching carefully, I saw the girl pull Connor and start talking to him. I couldn't see what she was saying but she was motioning something with her arms about a layup. Seeing her smile and pat Connor on the shoulder, he turned and went to the back of the line.

I leaned over to Harper, "who's that in the red?"

I heard her chuckle a little bit, I turned to see her grinning a little. "That's Coach Yn. Connors coach, first year coaching him. Connor says she's the best coach he's ever had."

"A girl?"

"Yes Jake. A girl. Not to mention, but we've always had a male coach and we've never made it to state."

I scoffed a little, not with disrespect, but with not believing how far the team has come.

Yn's POV:

The buzzer sounds, I walk under the hoop, having the boys huddle in. A few of them held the basketball's they were warming up with. Others looking at me. I stare at them before talking.

"I'm not going to sugar coat it. This game is going to be intense. It's not going to be easy. Their going to give you a run for your money. But...we've seen them play. We have played them before and we have won. We can do this again. Stick to the basics. Cover for each other. Most importantly boys, look around and be proud of yourselves...you did this on your own. Boys, you're at state, competing for number one team. Show them who we are!"

All the boys cheer as we break off to the benches for the announcements. The starters sit in the chairs as the rest create a tunnel around them. One of them stood up across from the starters to do their handshakes. I stood by the refs and the other coach.

I set my clip board on the chair that wasn't occupied and waited for the boys to be called.

"Senior, Carson Ash!"

"Freshman, Sutton Ray!"

"Sophomore, Jaxon Kade!"

"Sophomore, Ryder Glenn!"

"Junior, Finley Luke!"

"And Senior, Connor Seresin!"

The announcer said into the microphone. Each of the families cheered for their boy that was playing.

"And the Cardinals Head Coach, Yn Y/l/n! This is their first year with a female Lead Coach, and it's her first time coaching these boys! What a woman!"

I stiffened a laugh as he said those last few words. I soon composed myself with my Coaching face as the game was off. Everything was going fine until Jaxon wasn't passing the ball. I got pissed.