Raptor

Yn's POV:

Two days. That's how long I had to report back to top gun. Since I was driving all the way from Georgia, I was in casual cloths. Green overall shorts and a white shirt underneath. My hair was curled from the day before, but I had it in a claw clip, strands falling around my face.

I park my 2020, yellow Jeep Wrangler and head towards the door. I opened it was was immediately sent back to four years ago. 22 years old, top of my class in Top Gun. We always come here after a long day of training. The Hard Deck.

I find my way over to the bar, sitting down. Penny approached me. "This must be pretty serious if they got you reporting back here."

"I don't know how they've gone this long without me coming back out." I joked.

"What can I get ya'?"

"Just a beer please. Thank you."

She walked over, grabbed a beer down before me. "Why thank you Penny."

She shoots me a quick wink, "anything for my Raptor." Assuming she had some other people in need of a drink, she turned around in her heels to the other side of the bar.

I glance around d seeing many people in tan uniforms. I take a few sips of my drink before I'm interrupted in my thoughts by someone.

"What's a pretty girl doing here all by herself?" A man said leaning on the counter looking at me. He had a tan uniform on, like many other people. Muscular frame, probably around 6', his brown hair all neat.

I looked him up and down, "no one to go with me." I figured if he's in the Navy and doesn't know I am too, why not have fun messing with him.

"I find that hard to believe."

"Why is that?" I smirked.

"Well," the man licked his lips. "I just find it very hard to believe that a girl like you, is here at a bar, because 'you have no one to go with you'."

"A girl like me?" I paused for a second. "Who even are you?"

"Oh my bad, Jake Seresin." He put his hand out for me to shake, which I did. "What's your name?"

"Guess you'll never know Jake."

Once again the bell rang, Jake turned his head around to Penny. Penny motions to Maverick. He smirks and makes his way over there, carrying him out with two other men.

I take this chance to leave, slip out before I get caught by Jake again. I am meet with a cool breeze in my face as I walk to my Jeep, heading towards my dorm in base.

Jake's POV:

*an hour earlier*

As Javy and I get a few beers and settle playing darts, our conversation topic goes to the mission.

"Did you hear they're bringing in Raptor?" Javy comments sitting down.

"Raptor? As in Yn Moore? The one that has 6 air-to-air kills?"

"Yeah." He says nodding his head.

"How serious is this mission then?" I hit bullseye once again.

"Pretty serious since Raptor is reporting back."

"She's a fucking legend. She's only been flying for what..."

"Seven years."

"Holy fuck, I've been flying for nine and I have one air to air kill, you don't have any."

"I'm pretty sure she's the youngest, and only person to get 6 at 26."

"Jeez dude."

"You already fangirling over her?" Javy laughed.

"Who isn't Coyote?" I dramatically gasped, "what if she's here tonight?"

"Better look out for her then." Javy raised his beer before taking another sip.

Yn's POV:

Like every other day, my alarm goes off at 4. I reach over to my phone and turn off the alarm. Getting out of bed, I take a deep breath. I pull my hair up into a ponytail and put on blue leggings and a matching sports bra.

I turn music on, blasting through my headphones. I walk out of my dorm and close the door behind me. I set off to find a new route to run each morning.

After running five miles, I return back to the dorm room, hopping in the shower to clean off. When I get out I put on my green flight uniform, slicking all my hair into a low bun with gel.

Soon, I set off to the main building. I pull up, making sure ti grab my phone and grab my duffel bag. Like any other Naval Aviator, my duffel bag contains all my uniforms, flight gear, shoes, my books I'm required to take everywhere, and my helmet with my call sign.

I find my locker, put everything in it, and some of the stuff hanging beside the locker on a hook. Quickly I make my way to the hanger. Once again, it looks like I'm the first one there so I take a seat more towards the front, where the podium stood. I was briefing myself on the book that was placed in the table before me.

Feet shuffled near me and the chair beside me screeched as someone sat in it. My eyes didn't break from my manual for one second.

"Well, well, well. If it ain't the girl from the bar." The same voice, southern drawl, Jake.

I chuckled under my breath, "Jake Seresin."

"I have to be honest, I didn't strike you as a Naval Aviator."

Finally, I turned my head towards him, closing the manual in front of me. "What's the supposed to mean?"

"I wouldn't think someone as breath taking, as such," he motioned to me, "would be in the Navy."

"Well, get used to it, Hangman."

"You know my call sign." The smirk on his face grew wider.

"Sorry, my bad, Bagman." I corrected myself. I heard another girl call him that last night.

His face fell for a mer second. "I guess if we're working together I should now your name?" He tired again.

I smirked, turning to the front of the class room as Warlock started talking.

After his speech Maverick finished his pencil reading off the people that would go.

"Payback, Fanboy, and Rooster. You're up first. Phoenix, Bob and Raptor, you're next." Maverick said, turning to leave.

I stood up, grabbing my book, heading towards the lockers to grab my flight gear. The locker room was filled with everyone. I closed my locker going out to the deck to board my plane. As I was the first one to finish, everyone made sure to glance at my name time on the top of my locker.

From the corner of my eye, I saw a name tag that read 'PHOENIX'. Considering she was going to be my wingman for the training first, I wanted to introduce myself. I walk over to her and tap on her shoulder. She turns to me, I hold out my hand.

"Looks like we're flying together first. Yn Moore. Callsign Raptor." She shook my hand with a smile.

"Nice to meet you, Im Natasha Tracy, call me Phoenix."

"Well I'll see you out there then."

I turned in my heels and finally headed towards the Deck. Making sure everything was a okay, I watched as everyone filed towards their planes.

Jake walks up to me, eyes on the name on the side of my plane. His eyes widened, pointing towards the name, "y-you...what?"

"You good there?" I said confusedly.

"Ohh that's why you said."

I chuckle at his reaction. "Yep one and only. We'll see you up there." I got in my plane and waited until I was called up.

I know it's not finished, but it's been sitting in my drafts for weeks. I don't know what to write anymore on this.