Forever

"Forever." Jake whispered into Yn's ear. They were shipping out tomorrow for their mission down in 𝚇Florida.

Yn was currently sleeping on Jake, as she rested for the next day to come. Jake continued to watch Yn as her chest rose and went back down. She seemed so peaceful, Jake was scared to move. Tucking away strands away from her face Jake whispered to her unconscious zz

"I love you Yn. You are the best thing that has ever helped to me. I've not told you this but, I'm really scared about tomorrow. I feel like something is gonna happen. It'll be okay though, it has to be."

Deciding Jake should go to bed, Jake told Yn one last thing, "I will love you Yn Seresin, forever and ever."

The couple laid in their bed, embraced in each others warmth. The next morning they didn't really talk but continued their daily routine like clock work. Soon they were off to the base and then on the carrier setting out for the Ocean.

Jake and sun didn't really see each other because they were too busy running around doing different things. Before both of them knew it, the Admiral ordered Hangman, Raptor, Baby, and Charlie to get in their air crafts and to get ready.

Still barely seeing each other, both of them did their preflight checks before climbing into their F-18's. Executing the mission almost flawlessly, Yn followed under Jakes lead back to the carrier.

"Bogey at five o'clock! He's on your tail Raptor!" Charlie screamed in the intercom.

"Shit. I need help!" Yn playing off maneuvers to try to not get hit five more bogeys came on.

"Their everywhere!" Baby shouted.

Everyone was for themselves. Getting four of the bogeys down, the last one was after Yn. "Guys, I can't shake them! I'm out of flares!"

Jake filled with worry about his wife. As he turned his plane around to help Yn that's when it happened. That's when Yn was hit and headed towards the mountain, not being able to save herself.

"Mayday mayday! Raptor is headed to the mountains!" Jake tells control center. "Yn you need to eject."

"I can't their not working!" Yn tries to eject in time but the mountain and trees and grass get closer and closer. Flames engulfed Yn, thinking there was still hope, Yn looked around seeing her aircraft had crashed. She tried to move but is held down, looking down at her stomach she sees a piece of metal impaled her.

"H-help." Trying to not move as much as possible, Yn tries to get comma back online. "Can anyone hear m-me." Just moving slightly made her scream out in pain.

Jake on the other end was ordered to land back on the carrier with the two others. He sat in his plane hoping that something would happen. A scream was heard throughout the coms. Jake mind tan at a thousand miles per minute as he saw the rescue and search team fly off the ship.

"Raptor? Raptor is that you?" One of their admirals ask.

"H-help. I-I font know where I AM!" Yn screamed the last part in pain.

"Lt. Seresin, are you okay?"

"N-no. I'm stuck."

"What happened? Is there a way you can get out?"

"No, the wing came in and impaled my torso. I can't move at all. There's a lot of blood." Yn was starting to lose more and more energy by the second.

Jake could sense that something that it wasn't going to end well. "Yn?"

"J-jake?" Yn sobbed.

"Yn please hang on."

"I-I can't. It hurts too much."