3

⋆⁺₊⋆ ☾ ⋆⁺₊⋆ ☁︎

Sometimes life gets really low

Today isn't a good day, and that's okay.

I've been in bed all day. I've been laying in the same position for five hours.

Last night, I had a dream about it. It ruined my day.

My uncle and I used to be close. Whenever I would visit him, he'd always treat me as a best friend. I looked up to him.

I was only about three when dad left. Max, my brother was seven, Kat, my sister was just a baby. Whenever we visited him, we'd see dads parents and his brother, our uncle.

My uncle was never close with Max or Kat, just me. I thought that I was special.

When I was around seven, he began touching me.

Every time, I froze in fear, not saying a word and not moving a muscle.

I knew it was bad. I knew he wasn't meant to be touching me there, but I didn't know what to do, I didn't know how to stop him. I was scared he would hurt me.

Every time I saw him for four years. Every. Single. Time.

He'd sneak into my room at night when I was meant to be sleeping.

He didn't do anything more than just touch me, thank god.

I was so scared of him.

Whenever I saw him, I'd freeze and get awkward. It's not anyone's fault that they didn't notice. I'm just surprised they didn't.

I told my mom when I was sixteen. She cried and held me in her arms.

She'd always hated my dad's whole family but she never would've suspected this. I didn't even know it was a crime, what he was doing to me.

She called my dad and my grandparents because they lived nine hours away and none of them believed her. They said they wanted to talk to me privately and when I got on the phone, they didn't believe me either.

I'll never forget the things they said to me. They called me a liar and an attention seeker, and that if my uncle heard about this, he might hurt himself.

So, they didn't even tell him that I'd told people about it.

My good family gave me lots of hugs and supported me, not one of them doubting me.