21

⋆⁺₊⋆ ☾ ⋆⁺₊⋆ ☁

It's been a couple of days since my family went home

It's been a couple of days since my family went home. It was heartbreaking to see them go, and yes, there were a few tears from everyone (though Will won't admit that he was crying) and I came back home and cried in Louis's arms for a while.

But now, I'm okay. Christmas time is over and I'm back at work.

Louis and I are going well. Great. Perfect. He stays over at my house all the time and I his.

Now, I'm having a relaxing day at home, watching School of Rock, and eating cookies dipped in milk.

Frankie walks in from the kitchen. "Why do you love this movie so much?"

"It makes my inner child happy."

"The main character is exactly like your dad."

I think about that. Yep. Exactly.

Maybe that's why it makes my inner child smile.

As much as I hate my dad, there's a part of me that misses having a father. I don't miss him one bit, but there are things about having a dad that I do miss.

He texted me on Christmas. As did his parents. I open my phone and go to my messages app, opening up and scrolling through the long list of texts I haven't replied to.

His parents have a dog that I basically grew up with. They send me pictures of her when they text me out of the blue. That dog was the only thing keeping me sane when I went to visit. They were all unbearable to be around, except my grandpa. I really thought that at least he might believe me about my uncle situation. He didn't.

My dad's whole personality was hating women and being a drummer. That was all he cared about. I wonder if I'm still his lock screen or if he thinks about me when he hears a song by my favorite singer. Maybe now that I'm gone he took the time to pay attention to the things I like. But it's too late and nothing would make me forgive him for the way he talked to me.

My grandmother acted like she was the nicest person ever but it was so easy for me to see under that facade. She was so cruel. An evil, evil woman. Just because she was rich, she thought she had class. She didn't. She infected people, including me, with her unbearable passive aggressiveness. She thought so highly of herself but really she was just a gross human with no morals.

My grandpa was one of the only ones I always wanted to see. He and I were so close and he actually knew me for me. He treated me perfectly. I still miss him. I hate that I do and it's so hard for me to accept that he isn't the man I thought he was and he doesn't love me like he acted like he did.