41

⋆⁺₊⋆ ☾ ⋆⁺₊⋆ ☁︎

I spoon some cereal into my mouth and listen to the satisfying crunch as it's crushed by my teeth

Fruit loops are the best food ever and no one can change my mind.

I have a habit of getting sick of certain types of cereal really quickly. Once a week it's something new. Fruit loops always sticks.

Frankie is kind of like fruit loops. No matter how many people come and go, Frankie always stays.

You might be thinking, "Well, yeah, obviously, Estelle. She's your cousin?" but it's not just that. There have been so many times where I've wronged her and she's wronged me, but none of that matters, because we've talked it out.

Best friends are meant to stick around.

The moral of the story is, find your cereal and stick with it, no matter how many other cereals enter your life.

I know she's my cousin and I didn't necessarily "find" her as I was blessed with her since birth, but the rules still apply.

Speaking of, Frankie walks into the dining room and sits down across from me. "You seen my smokes?"

I glance around. "No. Have some real breakfast instead. Might be good for you."

She rolls her eyes. "I'm not eating that shit."

I settle back in my chair. Maybe eating two bowls of "that shit" wasn't a good idea. At all.

"I don't have work today so I'm going to go to Louis's later. Might sleep there," I tell her.

She snorts. "You might as well just move in at this point."

I notice the hidden tone in her voice. I know that tone. One, because I'm used to Frankie using it, and two, because I've used that tone for nearly my whole life.

She's lonely.

She has Grace, but sometimes a partner isn't enough. Sometimes you need your family and friends too.

I smile kindly at her. "Don't worry. He's already asked and I said no."

She raises her eyebrows, shocked at my statement. "Sorry?"

Shrugging, I use the spoon to swirl around the milk in my bowl. "He said he wants me to move in with him. I said maybe one day. Then he kept talking about all the babies he wants."

To my surprise, she smiles happily. "Good. You guys have to have a lot of kids. I'm not having any but I still need nieces and nephews."

"Technically, they'd be your second cousins," I point out.

"Bitch, I'm Aunty Frankie. Nothing else. Who in our family do you think would be the best parent?" She asks randomly.

"Hmm," I hum. "Max maybe? Also Will. No offense but definitely not you. I think that's all. Our family doesn't really produce the best parents in the world."