12

⋆⁺₊⋆ ☾ ⋆⁺₊⋆ ☁

I wake up, absolutely freezing to death

Not actually to death but fucking close to it.

Call me Jack Dawson.

I'm on a comfy surface and I'd really be enjoying this sleep if it weren't for the temperature and the small blanket covering me.

I open my eyes and glance around. Oh, that's right. I'm in Louis' apartment. I must've fallen asleep while watching Scream. I didn't even make it through the first one.

I sit upright, shivering. Jesus Christ how am I meant to go back to sleep?

My teeth are chattering. I fucking hate New York. I wish I could be in Australia's heat right now.

This blanket is nice and fluffy. It's just not doing the trick.

Fuck, I guess I'll just have to suffer. I can't really snoop around his house and look for another blanket. And he's probably asleep.

I pick up my phone and see it has very little battery but the time reads 2:38 am.

I must've been tired to fall asleep so quickly. I can usually only sleep in my own bed. I feel too vulnerable falling asleep with other people around. That's probably a side effect of getting molested by my uncle lol.

I rub my arms and try to wrap the blanket around me tighter and though that helps a little, it doesn't ease the crippling coldness gripping me.

My head shoots up when I hear the sound of a door opening, followed by footsteps.

Louis emerges from the hallway and freezes when he sees me.

"Hi," I whisper.

We're the only two in the house and we're both awake so it's not necessary to talk quietly but something about the late night makes it feel like the tiniest noise will wake up the entire neighborhood.

"Did I wake you?" Louis asks. "I was just getting water."

I shake my head. "No, I woke up because it's cold. Have you slept?"

Concern floods through me when I notice how he looks wide awake. I understand what it's like trying to sleep, laying there for hours and hours, and not growing sleepy. I was prescribed melatonin when I was younger but it did nothing.

Louis shakes his head and walks into the kitchen. "I'm just getting some water. Do you want anything?"

"No, thank you."