31

⋆⁺₊⋆ ☾ ⋆⁺₊⋆ ☁

I have a knack for taking a long time to process things

I still haven't realized how crazy everything that just happened is. My boyfriend. A murderer.

It doesn't matter how many people he's killed, or why he did it. He's ended people's lives.

I don't think I can find it in me to move on from that.

Whenever I think about everything before that day, my chest aches. I close my eyes and grimace at the familiar feeling of my heart twinging.

Everyone has been asking what's wrong. I told them that L- he and I aren't together anymore and left it at that. I don't want to explain to anyone, at least not yet.

I'm so stupid.

I thought I'd finally have something good in my life. I thought he might've been the one. Naive.

My brain has separated him into two different people. The Louis I met who was kind and caring and would do anything for me. The Louis I really deep down thought would never intentionally hurt anyone.

And then the Louis I saw a glimpse of. The Louis who kills people.

Usually, I'm the type of person to not stop trying until I get answers. With this, I don't want the answers. I just want to go back to the beginning of September when I never knew anyone named Louis Lavigne.

But that's impossible. Because in reality, it's the beginning of March and I've spent five and a half months knowing him.

Or at least thinking I did.

Now, I don't know him anymore and those months have all gone to waste.

I really thought I'd be lucky enough. My first boyfriend and we didn't even last two months.

I'm never going to see him again and that fact hurts so bad, even though I made that decision myself. I want so badly to hate him but I can't.

Everything was going so well. I should've seen this coming.

I hear the front door open from my spot on the couch and internally sigh. I love Frankie but I don't want to deal with anyone or anything right now.

"Hey," her voice says from behind me.

She says that one word with so much gentleness. This is how it's been for the last week. Her acting like she has to be careful around me, in case I'm going to break.