5

⋆⁺₊⋆ ☾ ⋆⁺₊⋆ ☁

I feel like when you call someone a dick, you hate their guts

I feel like when you call someone a dick, you hate their guts. But when you call someone a dickhead, you love them but they're an idiot.

Very thick line between the two words.

So, when I hear Frankie call someone a dick over the phone, I gasp.

She hangs up angrily and looks at me. "My mother."

"Oh."

Kind of understandable.

"She told me coming here for Christmas was an inconvenience and she's only coming because Will, Drew, and Chloe are excited to come to New York. If she didn't want to come, she doesn't fucking have to. I'd prefer her not to, anyway."

Frankie was always left out to her siblings. Gina had always showered Will, Drew, and Chloe with love but constantly left out Frankie.

Will is just a little older than me. He doesn't show that he cares but I can see right through him, I know when he's sad. We don't show affection to each other and pretend to hate each other but we do love each other.

Drew came out as transgender a couple of years ago. The family was a little confused and messed up quite a bit but eventually got the hang of it. She kept her original name, Drew, because it was unisex. She is quite sensitive and acts younger than she is.

And fucking Chloe. She's only twelve and she's a bitch. Honestly, we thought she'd grow out of it but she's just remained this way. We still love her but because she's been so spoilt by Gina, she thinks she's entitled to everything she wants.

And Liam is Gina's husband. He's Chloe's dad. Liam is kind of weird and doesn't really speak to any of us.

For Christmas, Gina decided to come to us with her family and my mom agreed and chose to come too. Our grandparents are also coming.

To us, this is a small Christmas. Only twelve people. We usually have around mid-twenties.

"Why is she complaining about seeing her daughter?"

Frankie has been through a lot. I'm very protective over her and when her mom does stupid shit, it pisses me off.

"Because she hates me. Not old news." She snorts and sits down beside me.

I roll my eyes. "At least we'll see Grandma and Grandad and my mom and Max and Kat and Will and Drew and- yeah nah, probably shouldn't add Chloe to that list."